Looking for some courage/advice on leaving a job for a 40k pay cut per year?

FAAFO

WKR
I took a 75k cut in pay in Feb to spend more time outdoors. You would probably laugh but I had roughly 14 weeks of PTO a year and wasn’t happy with that. 😵‍💫

It’s been a few months and no regrets. I’m currently grabbing coffee and am going to work as I spent mon-Fri outdoors. I’ll let the WW have the woods.

tony

WKR
I just turned down a gig with a $25.00 pay raise.
Would have bumped me from $33.00 to 55.00 and then 60.00 on weekends. I'm a nurse for reference.
But it would have put me back in the emergency department, and I despise welfare trash.
I interviewed and was surprised they called me with an offer. I was respectful in the interview but I'm sure I came across as I really didn't care one way or another.
I took a few days to think about it and realized, I am never going to have it as easy as prison nursing and I can manage my money. So what I'm making is ok. And at my age, my sanity and time off is worth more than cash. I work a week and off a week and never have to kiss ass for a satisfaction score.

ODB

WKR
when we long last moved back to Idaho my wife took a 90k pay cut because she simply quit her job. She is a bad-ass in her field and in 3 years now surpasses her old salary working three days a week. The numbers are irrelevant to the individual circumstances.