Looking for recommendation as to very good guided goat hunt.

I just got back from hunting stone sheep with Craig Kiselbach at Terminus Mountain and there were days I saw 50+ goats. Several guys hunted them while I was there and most finished up in two or three days.
How was that outfit, was kinda looking at them for a goat hunt until I saw a bad review on here. Thinking maybe a goat, goat/moose/elk combo.

CLP

FNG
How was that outfit, was kinda looking at them for a goat hunt until I saw a bad review on here. Thinking maybe a goat, goat/moose/elk combo.
I would have to say they were top notch. I know the review you speak of and I think there’s a few of those out there for most outfitters if you look hard enough. I wouldn’t judge on one experience. Their area is awesome, guides are really good and they’ve all been there with Craig awhile (my guide was in his 10th year). My hunt was really tough but they let me stay until I got an opportunity. Killed on the 17th day. I wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again. I also saw lots of moose and elk. One guy killed a 340ish bull the day I got back to the lodge.

I would have to say they were top notch. I know the review you speak of and I think there’s a few of those out there for most outfitters if you look hard enough. I wouldn’t judge on one experience. Their area is awesome, guides are really good and they’ve all been there with Craig awhile (my guide was in his 10th year). My hunt was really tough but they let me stay until I got an opportunity. Killed on the 17th day. I wouldn’t hesitate to book with them again. I also saw lots of moose and elk. One guy killed a 340ish bull the day I got back to the lodge.
Good to know, thanks. You said you saw lots of goats?

Scorpion

WKR
I hunted with Dennis Zadra and Lonesome Dove Outfitters two years ago. Had a great experience and would go with them again. Most of the hunts are September and October there. The hair on my goat was great, I killed it on 9/20.

If you want to hunt late season, BC or Kodiak are probably better options.

yttm34

FNG
Get up very high and glass. Scouting ahead of time is very important too. Also make sure you don’t forget to think about where the goat is gonna fall if you shoot it. With all the cliffs, sometimes they could fall hundreds of feet, break horns, or may not be accessible for retrieval. Watch the damn weather.

CLP

FNG
Good to know, thanks. You said you saw lots of goats?
I saw so many and I wasn’t even looking for them. If I recall correctly, they said they’re historically almost 100% success when goats are the target species. From what I gather a lot of guys combine them with moose and then see where they live and bail. Haha if you’re looking at a goat hunt you already know they live in challenging environments.