Looking For Elk Hunting Partner- Idaho Unit(s) 66a/76

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I am an Idaho resident with a Diamond Creek A Tag for 2020. I am a backpack hunter who is prepared to go solo this year, but I am also willing to hunt with a partner. I am looking to do a 5 day spike camp from 09/18 - 09/22, as well as some weekends during the month. I haven't hunted this unit before, but I have been doing some research and will be heading out there shortly to look around. If you are interested, send me a PM.

Hey now that Colorado is doing away completely with over-the-counter tags for non-residents in 2025, I am pivoting and looking at Idaho. You last posted this 4 years ago. Did you ever make it to unit 76 and what did you think? Any insight you can share? Thanks.

Hey now that Colorado is doing away completely with over-the-counter tags for non-residents in 2025, I am pivoting and looking at Idaho. You last posted this 4 years ago. Did you ever make it to unit 76 and what did you think? Any insight you can share? Thanks.
It should still be easy to get a tag in Colorado, no reason to leave any accumulated knowledge in my opinion. Cannot imagine it’ll take more than 1 or 2 points for a tag in most previously otc units.

It should still be easy to get a tag in Colorado, no reason to leave any accumulated knowledge in my opinion. Cannot imagine it’ll take more than 1 or 2 points for a tag in most previously otc units.
Well we were still going to apply thinking that as well, however, you can't apply until something like July or August next year... however you can buy OTC tags for Idaho as early as the December before the year you hunt.....so let's say we don't go Idaho....which sells out fast...and we just still apply for Colorado with your mentality....but then we don't draw for the couple units we do our homework on....well if we dont draw for CO, Idaho is definitely sold out at that point.....when we could have just bought those tags the December the year prior. So I would think you definitely make sure you have a safety net first.....go Idaho because you can buy them OTC first....and if we all get Idaho tags.... we'll just buy preference points for Colorado in 2025 to go another time. Not sure if all that made sense.

WRO

WKR
76 got hammered by winter kill 2 years ago, it’s going take a while to come back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
I guess you are still damned if you do or damned if you don’t. Besides there aren’t any elk in Idaho.