Looking for an archery elk partner(s)

Freborg

FNG
Here’s my deal. Minnesota guy looking for an archery elk hunting partner(s). I have always hunted with my Dad who lives in Montana. Dad’s 70 now and understandably has needed a lot more rest days the last few years, so a lot of days I hunt solo. 2 seasons I was solo the entire hunt as Dad was injured and had to sit it out. I have only hunted elk in Montana, but I am open to anywhere a guy can draw a tag without a 10 year wait. I’m a married father of 2 but getting time off of work and family to hunt is not a problem. My wife is awesome. I’m open minded, positive and always looking to learn. I’m pretty good at finding elk and I hunt spots I find, not my Dad’s. I’m a decent caller and I stay in shape to hunt so double digit mileage days are fine. I have 6 years archery elk experience (2 calling only, 4 hunting) with 4 tags drawn and 4 tags eaten. In 2020 I called in a 5x6 bull for my cousin he shot. I have been at full draw twice and chose not to shoot given the scenario, take away here I don’t black out when drawn on elk :) I currently have 4 points for MT and 5 points for WY. I kill 2 or 3 whitetails a year with my bow but am still working for that first elk. I’m a pretty easy going guy and my only hard requirements for a partner are, a persistently positive attitude, team player and your own tent.

Geewhiz

WKR
Do you like pina coladas? What about being caught in the rain? ;)

Looks like a great opportunity for somebody

OP
F

Freborg

FNG
Actually prefer whiskey, but I'm a light weight. When in Mexico or the Caribbean I can definitely put down a fruity drink though. :) RIP Jimmy.

Donjuan

WKR
What is your future hunt plans? Do you go every year? Hike in deep or stay closer to road systems and truck camp?

OP
F

Freborg

FNG
What is your future hunt plans? Do you go every year? Hike in deep or stay closer to road systems and truck camp?
I don't intend to miss a September and have gone every year since 2018. Because I am hoping to find a hunting partner, I don't have a preconceived idea of what I am going to do as an individual for future hunts. That would be a discussion to have. I just know I'm going to be hunting elk.
Since that's kind of a non-answer to your question, historically, I have bivy hunted and truck camped in the same season and I enjoy them both. I think more in terms of what is the most efficient way to get on elk and stay on them, not so much about the kind of camp experience I want. In my limited experience, this is what has gotten me my best opportunities so far. I don't think I should be married to one approach if I'm not killing elk. I am organized and have a hunt plan to execute on so I'm not wasting much time figuring out where to go if/when I decide to move.