Looking for an option/suggestion - pants

seww

WKR
Okay so I've got these pants in my closet: https://tacticalgear.com/tru-spec-p...uniform-pants-digital-desert#/13675/0,0,661/1
Not your typical hunting pant but they have served me well and were very cheap.
I had to do some work, like replace the Velcro with buttons etc. I still have the pants but there's one thing I don't like, the baggy fit.

Is there a similar pant out there but with a slimmer fit? I really like the Walmart Wrangler pants, used them for 2 years now but they're getting worn... Plus everything sticks to them and they really suck up the water from bushes etc. So I'd like to replace them with a poly/cotton pant, on a smaller budget.
I prefer solid colors over camo.

not sure what you consider a smaller budget but here are few that have worked well for me

prana stretch zion

OP
S

seww

WKR
not sure what you consider a smaller budget but here are few that have worked well for me

prana stretch zion

Thanks, not bad!
I should have specified too, I'm not a fan of the stretch feature on pants. The one pair I tried, broke so easily...

11boo

WKR
Thanks, not bad!
I should have specified too, I'm not a fan of the stretch feature on pants. The one pair I tried, broke so easily...
Odd, all the new pants I have worn like Kuiu attack and similar, cheaper ones have held up well.

OP
S

seww

WKR
Odd, all the new pants I have worn like Kuiu attack and similar, cheaper ones have held up well.

Yeah maybe they have improved? This was some years ago and some cheaper pants too, so could be a bad pant I had overall.

11boo

WKR
IDK, those Kuius are mebbe 5 years old, and are finally showing a little wear.
I have crawled thru some stuff in them.
Seems like the 60 buck sportsman’s warehouse knock offs I have are wearing similarly too.

OP
S

seww

WKR
IDK, those Kuius are mebbe 5 years old, and are finally showing a little wear.
I have crawled thru some stuff in them.
Seems like the 60 buck sportsman’s warehouse knock offs I have are wearing similarly too.
What knock-offs? 🙂 Wanna check that out.

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
For cheaper options, with some features I would consider Prana’s. They do have a little stretch to them however

I've heard of the Prana's, haven't looked into them yet, might have to
they are great, although someone on here a while back said they made some unfortunate changes to the newer versions. I probably have like 12 pairs of pranas in all different colors that I have purchased on eBay over the years. Work great for just about anything, have worn them from hunting in the mountains to funerals & weddings and everything in-between.

OP
S

seww

WKR
they are great, although someone on here a while back said they made some unfortunate changes to the newer versions. I probably have like 12 pairs of pranas in all different colors that I have purchased on eBay over the years. Work great for just about anything, have worn them from hunting in the mountains to funerals & weddings and everything in-between.
I really hope you used the same ones during the hunt to that wedding! :)

OP
S

seww

WKR
Thought a follow-up would be nice 🙂

I ordered a pair of Kryptek Alaois from camofire, they were on sale. Got them home but a few things bugs me:
Size is 36x32, I've gotten fat and also short! They seem very long but cannot see any shorter sizes on their website.
The knee pad pockets. I put in some cellfoam pads but when I get down on my knees, they don't slide up far enough and only the top of the pad is on my knee. Very annoying.

Other than that, seem like a solid pant. Don't understand the dual pocket zippers, never needed it.
So I'm sending them back and the search continues...