Looking for an alternative

EdP

WKR
I have a Wy West General Tag and a reservation with a reputable outfitter for a backcountry hunt next week. This trip is 4 years in the making and my idea of the ideal elk hunt. Unfortunately, sciatica is currently preventing me from going horseback. This looks to be screwing everyone involved. I will lose what I have paid the outfitter plus the cost of the tag, his guide will lose a tip, the outfitter will lose the remaining money, and my wife doesn't get 2 weeks of peace and quiet. It sucks all around. I am recovered enough to do a lodge or ranch based hunt but this is about as last minute as it could be. Any suggestions on how or with who I could salvage this tag are appreciated.

hiker270

WKR
Wow that sucks. Never dealt with Sciatica, heard it can be painful. I blew a knee out about 10 years ago just before a horseback drop camp elk hunt in Colorado. With my doctors approval got a good brace and painkillers and made the trip. Second day I killed a 5x5 so the pain was worth it. Good luck, hope somehow this works out for you.