Looking for a tripod with a pivoting head

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for a tripod to use with binos that will allow them to pivot or tilt left to right and vice versa. Any recommendations?

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
Use a ball head?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, some form of a ball head. For example, Gun Werks is making a new one. I had it in Alaska in May. Good idea but all the “kinks” not worked out yet. Will not hold binos or scope tight. Had to bush craft a fix from a willow twig. There was another in camp with a ball head, but the head was not smooth. It was one with a hand mechanism that you squeezed it was not good either.

SloppyJ

WKR
My Leofoto 324cex came with a leveling base that does just that. I put on a LR-60 on. Around 300 all in and I'm super happy with it. I use it for optics with a small fluid head or put my gun on it directly with the arca attachment.

The item you are describing is a ball head. We have a lot of options. Give me a call to discuss. Mention Rokslide for special pricing
Joel
516-217-1000

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yes, some form of a ball head. For example, Gun Werks is making a new one. I had it in Alaska in May. Good idea but all the “kinks” not worked out yet. Will not hold binos or scope tight. Had to bush craft a fix from a willow twig. There was another in camp with a ball head, but the head was not smooth. It was one with a hand mechanism that you squeezed it was not good either.
Try Sirui ball heads, silky smooth and you can tighten or loosen to whatever tension you want.

BBob

WKR
If you don’t want to use ball head there are leveling bases that can be used in between the tripod and your pan head or fluid head.

There are tripods with that have or can integrate the leveling bases into the bowl at the top of the tripod as well:

Last edited: