Looking for a simple mobility routine

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I am on the opposite side of the discussion of this, I tried doing mobility and stretching but it seemed to make things worse. I havent ever really done it, so I am going with the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality.
It’s never made things worse for me but over the years, I’ve just stopped doing mobility “routines” and I just hit areas that I feel like need work based purely on how I’m feeling. I don’t have the time or desire to spend hours of work on a structured program of mobility. Earlier in the thread I said that I think Turkish get ups help me, those are a regular part of my kettlebell sessions so I get them done anyways. If something feels tight or something I hit it for a few weeks until I feel
Better.

All that to say, I’m sure my “routine” is sub optimal for mobility but I just don’t have the desire to add another 2-3 sessions/workouts a week to deal with it. I should probably start looking into it though.

SANDAN

FNG
Do you have a link to this?
I'll second @insanelupus with the Mind Pump performance mobility. They have the first week free on Youtube and mobility is day 2 and 4. Search Mind Pump MAPS Performance.

Honestly once you start doing mobility work 10 minutes isn't enough. I like to do 30-45 minutes 2-3 times a week in the evenings before I go to bed and I always do 10-15 minutes every morning before I work out to make sure I'm properly warmed up.

Do you do the same exercises or do they provide a split? I am very interested in this.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
You should definitely try yoga classes. I think you will find it beneficial for your condition. Do give it a go. Other than that there are some more basic mobility routines like hip circles or chest and shoulder opener, or frog stretches. These mobility drills can be good for you as well. So whatever suits you and works for you just go for that one.

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider

Couple shoulder mobility band exercises I hadn’t seen before here.

BamuleyID

FNG
This is old but if anyone stumbles upon this thread, Vernon Griffin is a well known and respected strength coach in the fitness world. He has a youtube channel and Instagram where he hits on a lot of mobility work. 12 years in sports medicine for myself and with that experience, Vernon has nothing but the best advise with his stuff.

Squat. Squats provide great dynamic stretching for the lower body. You can also hold in the bottom position for static stretching and building additional strength. Make sure your feet/heals stay flat on the ground. Eventually you will be able to sit comfortably in a squat position.

Cmb8316

FNG
Not trying to be an advertisement, i know its not cheap, but the Mtn Tough mobility videos/workouts however you want to call them are great. I spent a solid 6 months paying a hefty price for a Physical therapist after an injury training for a half marathon, and id say 80% of what i got out of a Dedicated PT, i got from the Mtn Tough series. Obviously, i wouldnt recommend it as a treatment for a specific injury or course of treatment, but... As a generic tool for getting your body more mobile and range of motion. I think its great.

Take a big step forward with your right foot, landing in a lunge position. Your right knee should be bent at a 90-degree angle, directly over your right ankle, and your left knee should be hovering just above the ground.