looking for a lightweight stabilizer

zwoehr

FNG
I'm looking for the lightest stabilizer, just the bar no weights, and finding it hard to find accurate specs.

So far I thought the lightest I'd found was the Shrewd 11.5" I read somewhere that it was 2.5oz without weights, but it is listed as 5.5oz on their website and doesn't say whether that is bare or including weights.

I know that the weight is what makes a stabilizer work so I'm not looking for the lightest overall just the lightest without any weights on it.

Any suggestions?

What exactly are you wanting out of the stabilizer? At that point, why not just ditch the stabilizer all together?

The weight is what makes them work.

OP
Z

zwoehr

FNG
As I wrote in the original post, I know the weight is what makes them work.

I want a stabilizer to help stabilize my bow when I'm tired or breathing hard.

I'm looking for one that is lightweight without any weights on it. I'll add weight to get the results I want. I don't need vibration damping or "tactical" looks.

I just want a bar to put weights on that is as light as possible.

Just get one of the tourney bee stingers. That's what I use no dampeners or anything. Just carbon and the places to screw into the bow and spot to screw the weights

I have the same desire in stabs and bernie's feather lite seems the lightest. His 30" is like 2.5oz.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I gotta agree with backcountry on this one. If you dont what noise dampening and true stablizing of the bow, especially when short on breath, the heavier and longer the better. Its just not as practical. Bee-Stinger had a great set up with the bar and change out the disk to the desired weight. I have the 10 inch with I think 12oz weight and it holds my rig very steady. I am not sure what the bar weighs. It to me is a non factor as you are putting weight on the end of it anyway. I used to run a lighter "stabilizer" which was really functionally just helping reduce vibration. When I put the Bee Stinger on, my groups tightened right up nicely!

OP
Z

zwoehr

FNG
I'll check out the Bernie's and bee stinger. Thanks.

One more time. I'm going to add weight to the stabilizer. I just don't want non functional weight (the stabilizer is a lever, so the further the weight is from the fulcrum the more advantage you get)

I'm going to add weight to the end of the lightest bare stabilizer I can find.

E-2

Lil-Rokslider
I am pretty sure the shrewd comes with (3) 1oz weights. That would be where the 5.5oz comes from. Not positive but almost.

+2 for Bee Stingers 10" seems to work the best for me but with the adjustable weight disks you could make a shorter version work well too.

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a bee stinger on my xlr8, and unfortunately it didn't balance it, I went with the trophy ridge 6inch, I tried a lot of stabilizers out but the trophy ridge was the only one that was light enough and long enough to perfectly balance the bow

OP
Z

zwoehr

FNG
It looks like Bernie's "Falcon Featherlite" wins. The 10" is 1.2oz 12" is 1.3oz without weights. The Shrewd 11.5" is 2.4oz without the weights.

KHNC

WKR
Dead Center Archery has a new carbon lineup. Very light but u would prob need to call for actual weight . Their stuff is primo tho!