looking for a 3 man tent

i'm looking for a 3 man tent for a all around use. I'll be car camping/backpacking and hunting. I'd like to be around 4lbs ish. If anyone runs one i'd like to hear yalls experiences. Theres just so many options. I like the Copper Spur ul3. I'm looking for something with some decent vestibules as well. Me and my girlfriend will be using it mostly backpacking and car camping. But i do have a trip in idaho coming up that me and a buddy will use it for as well.

Thanks for your time

Ben

I'm going through this as well. I narrowed it down to the REI 3p quarter dome, BA Copper spur ul3, and Nemo Dragger. From that list, I narrowed it down to the REi and Nemo due to fabric material. Both being much more durable then BA. I'm leaning to the Nemo but have zero experience with them. I have a old REI quarter dome that has been been beat to hell and back and it's still rocking, just tired. So, I flip back to the REI brand. It doesn't have the vestibule space of the NEMO but the little head vestibule on the rei might solve issues with loading your door full of cook gear.

DWinVA

WKR
I went with a Tarptent Stratospire 2. It's a nice size 2 man tent but can fit 3. It uses trekking poles, has dual doors and vestibules and comes in well under 4 lbs. Good luck.

God Bless.

Kotaman

WKR
Are you looking for a "3 Man" for two people or three? I LOVE the Copper Spur UL3 for two people. IMO, it is too tight for 3.

kipper09

WKR
Exped Gemini 3 is a little heavier but a palace for two. good vestibules and dual entry doors.. very solid shelter.. campsaver has a deal for 20%off right now..

OP
C
It's for 2 people...i have a sierra designs 2 man tent right now and for me its perfect but for 2 its cramped bad! I've looked at the NEMO as well just so many options out there. I'm not saying it has to be 4lbs just saying i'm trying to stay light as possible for a durable tent. I'll check out the tarptent and that Exped. Preciate the info!

I really looked hard at the copper spur, but ended up going floorless tipi as we would be sleeping 3. I knew it would be too tight. The tipi is just a touch lighter. However as I am sure you know...floorless isn't for everyone. Without add ons it lists at 36 ounces. I have never weighed the entire setup with pole, but have to imagine I am under 5 lbs(has a stove jack and all the perimeter netting.)

That said i really liked the BA stuff as well.

jm1607

WKR
If you want a standard domed pole tent, Copper Spur UL3 and Nemo Dagger 2 (made in USA) are probably your best options.. The Nemo weighs about half a pound more but is built better..

Tarptents are good USA alternatives also (Rainshadow 2 or Cloudburst).. Not freestanding though..

Hillebergs are great if you wanna spend the cash..

boom

WKR
I would buy a big cheaper tent for car camping.

Then spend more money on a light pack tent.
I go with a six man palace if I'm pulling a tent out of a car.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you end up going with a Hilleberg look at the Nallo 3GT or even the Anjan 3GT. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you need a deal on a tent.

Thanks
Dmitriy