Looking for 2021 Colorado Draw Hunting Partner

Wiscobob

FNG
I have 6 preference points for Colorado elk and I'm on the cusp of drawing in GMU 66. The guys I normally go out West with have either burned their points already or don't have enough built up to join me. I am planning to use an outfitter for a drop camp, but am looking for someone to hunt with and hopefully pack out an elk or two with. I'm from central Wisconsin and have hunted OTC archery in Colorado 3 times. Have had close encounters on each trip and was fortunate enough to take a bull on the 2nd of the 3 trips. Willing to put forth the work and am looking for someone who does the same. Drop me a PM if you are interested!

I have 6 preference points for Colorado elk and I'm on the cusp of drawing in GMU 66. The guys I normally go out West with have either burned their points already or don't have enough built up to join me. I am planning to use an outfitter for a drop camp, but am looking for someone to hunt with and hopefully pack out an elk or two with. I'm from central Wisconsin and have hunted OTC archery in Colorado 3 times. Have had close encounters on each trip and was fortunate enough to take a bull on the 2nd of the 3 trips. Willing to put forth the work and am looking for someone who does the same. Drop me a PM if you are interested!

[/QUOTE]
sorry I am one of those guys with not enough points and would love to go hunt that unit drop camp. I live in central Wisconsin as well and will be hunting otc in co this year- bad luck in the draws- good luck to u post pics!!!!!

sorry I am one of those guys with not enough points and would love to go hunt that unit drop camp. I live in central Wisconsin as well and will be hunting otc in co this year- bad luck in the draws- good luck to u post pics!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks WI Shedhead! Good luck to you as well this year!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in the 2020 Colorado draw, unit 66 drew out at 7 points with 11/24 guys getting tags. 45.8% odds.

Even if you put in with 6 this year, gained a preference point because you were unsuccessful, and go into the draw next year with 7, that tag is likely going to creep away from you again.

I had a similar fortune with the tag I applied for. Darn point creep.

Step into the woods and you will have a hunting partner. If you hunt Colorado then you are never alone.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in the 2020 Colorado draw, unit 66 drew out at 7 points with 11/24 guys getting tags. 45.8% odds.

Even if you put in with 6 this year, gained a preference point because you were unsuccessful, and go into the draw next year with 7, that tag is likely going to creep away from you again.

I had a similar fortune with the tag I applied for. Darn point creep.
Yeah I’ve been chasing points for a couple of years now and I’m aware that’s a possibility. Figured it was worth being prepared anyway. May have to look into another unit if this trend persists. Good luck on your draw!

Doesn’t have to be negative. I meet people and hunt all the time while out. Yes, there are a ton of people here. I talk with a lot of other hunters and sometimes help them or they help me.

Back