looking at getting a kifaru mega tarp. any advice

Whisky

WKR
Anyone want to offload a Mega to free up some cash for the new one... I'll be your Huckleberry.

You still want a 1 year old Mega w/ Annex ?? :)

Sounds great Patrick! Now that the cats out of the bag, do you have any ETA's on the new shelters? Thanks.

Patrick

FNG
Whisky, as I have both Eric and Janice building progressively more refined prototypes we are moving along briskly. I believe we can go to market by June.

Does go to market by June mean being shipped to customers or available to order online? Either way could a customer have one in their hands before September?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Patrick and Aron thanks I havent been this excited in a long time about a new product. Really excited to see this come to the market.

Aron is doing the right thing in advising you folks to hold off a bit on purchasing our Tarps.

When I created A-Frame Tarp shelters years ago I had no way of knowing how popular they would become...now they are very popular and there are lots of manufacturers supporting the demand. The original Kifaru Tarps were open ended, consistent with serious weight savings while still providing good shelter. Guys began to ask me for a way to put a "front" on their K-Tarp and so the Annex program was born. (The Annexes even had stove jacks!) Bear in mind there were a LOT of original K-Tarps out there by this time so I made the Annexes retro-fitable to those already-in-circulation Tarps. Meaning no zipper-in or velcro-in feature--the system relied on an "overlap" solution for connectivity. People could mate an Annex to their Tarp without the expense and hassle of sending the Tarp to Kifaru for elective surgery.

After years of focusing my design juices on packs, sleeping bags, "stringed" stuff sacks and etc., etc., etc., I am pleased to be back focusing on shelters...and specifically our Tarps. I have a new design, and will patent it. We are rapidly bringing the new creations to prime time--wind tests are being conducted as we discuss this; now is the perfect time of year, and my old wind laboratory locations are getting plenty of visitations from yours truly. I also have plenty of design help; my new design assistant Eric Bender is right in the middle of the project and proving out wonderfully. Of course thirty-year veteran Janice Jensen is weighing in too. And so is Aron Snyder--who is solidly in our Design Group. We are finishing up testing a new fabric as well. It will allow us to price our shelters more competitively, without sacrifice in performance. Pretty good deal. (Yes, I am having a grand time re-inventing these shelters!)

Expect them to be considerably roomier. Expect optional "Fronts" (and "Backs") to be weather-tight, and have stove jack capability. And expect to see them have nearly infinite pitching options.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
love having you weigh in on things here patrick.
very excited to see what comes out, especially the more affordable fabric!

JJHACK

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wa. State and in Elisrass South Africa
Don't think about it longer then needed. There're likely not sitting on the shelf in the Kifaru store room. Give yourself plenty of time to let them make it for you and ship it.

I waited to make a decision here not long ago and when I decided to "pull the trigger" It was so tight to get it for my trip, I was chewing my nails.

Make the decision and place the order, better to have comfortable delivery scheduled!

slim9300

WKR
Pretty sweet news from Patrick! I think I'll hold on to my MegaTarp so that way I'm set for this summer, and more importantly September, no matter what. I can't wait to see what Kifaru comes out with. I'll be the first one ordering a new shelter as soon as they are announced.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I love it...Patrick..."JUNIOR" member :D

Will be watching closely. May have to give my Super Tarp/Annex to my son.

My hunting partner and I were just talking about getting a mega tarp. Looks like we are on stand by till the new stuff comes out.

When Mr Smith speaks all other "hush."

Patrick is the man. A very wise one.

Sounds like some pretty exciting stuff going on a Kifaru as far as shelters go.

I really love my super tarp. Been using is hard for about 4 years. Have weathered some nasty weather in it!!

Patrick

FNG
I'm sorry to report that we are far behind on our Shelters Program, due in part to worthy distractions such as needs from our Special Ops community that we are pledged to support. Consequently, we are many months behind on the Tarps.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm sorry to report that we are far behind on our Shelters Program, due in part to worthy distractions such as needs from our Special Ops community that we are pledged to support. Consequently, we are many months behind on the Tarps.

Thanks for the heads up Patrick. I dont think any of us would be disappointed with that reasoning. Those troops come first and foremost. Looking forward to sharing a Campfire with you up at the Rondy.