Longest Trad Kill.. ?

aggieland

WKR
I noticed the longest kill shot in the general forum and wondered what the longest kill shot you have made with trad equipment. And to keep any negative words here. Lets Just post the distance and the animal, no other info such as "It was a follow up shot" this way we can all just take it for what its worth. I just started shooting trad equipment last fall but I practice out to 60 yds or so. One kill so far, a doe 20 yds lol how about you guys?

ElkNut1

WKR
Aggie, thanks for the insert response!

My longest trad kill is 32 yds, it was a muley buck, had a pass through with a 500grn arrow & 55# longbow. SnufferSS 125 head with 75 grain brass insert MFX Classic Beman .500 arrow! I am confident to 40yds with that setup on elk or deer!

ElkNut1

B

bearguide

mule deer 95, i was 16 and it was the last day, going home we seen one across afield so i tried a desperation shot and got lucky

Last edited:
I do not know if my 60# Schafer Silvertip could even fling an arrow out to 95 yards. With that said I hit a critter at 27 yards and I thought afterwords "that" was far. The distance never came into the calculation at the time.
He died within 50 yards, P & Y Antelope. Baggs, Wy. police came down afterwords to tell me they had a noise ordinance. Guess I yelled loudly. 8^)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Son of a brisket. 95yards, how in the world did you hold on him? I have a few friends that can hit pretty well from that distance. I on the other hand can almost hit a dump truck at 10 yards.

Bearguide, do you have any pics?

Ryan

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
25yds for me on a whitetail double lung made it 50yds. 95 yds !!! If ya got it ya got it! I had a friend that could hit ducks and geese that I couldn't have hit with a rifle!

31 yds 163 inch 302lb white tail last year my 940g arrow broke his shoulder one lunged him and then the 4 day search began should be getting the mount next week!
but I got lucky I only get to hunt my home state for a few days out of the year because of the army but I GOT HIM 95lds DANG id be aiming at the north star

dot 1

FNG
furthest is about 15 yards an muley buck. closest is feathers on rest when broadhead hits hide, 5 point bull this year. get in on em fellas. i hunt and shoot with a guy that can hit paper plates at 110 yards 3 out of ten times with a 65 lbs. recurve of his own making. but considers a 35 yard shot at a live animal too far. and rick seymour, i remember seeing paul shafer shoot 60#ers well past 95 accurately when i was a kid. the bow will do it, even if wendauer built it, good design.

B

bearguide

had to add to my post above so that people would not think i take inpossible shoots

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
50 yards blackbird puff & a cloud of feathers. It was sweet & real lucky!