longest antelope pack out?

Laramie

WKR
Actually in a pack, about a mile. My oldest son's we took out about 2 miles in a walk in area on a game cart through 6"of snow. That was stupid... would have been easier to just drag him in hindsight.

Went hunting with a buddy over the weekend and we ended up packing his antelope out four miles- a new record for me :) The doe he shot (after putting on a sneak through a prairie dog town) ran across a county road and died 20' from the edge of the road :ROFLMAO:

I've packed several out in the 2-3 mile range before, thankfully antelope don't weigh a lot!
Love antelope hunting

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
2+ miles with my wife's antelope on my shoulders. No pack frame. I couldn't get that smell out of my nostrils for several hours.

nphunter

WKR
2.6 miles this year with my son antelope. It was only about 1.6 from the truck but up a nasty steep rocky face and a couple of hundred ft of elevation. We went the long way and dropped the packs at the road and walked the last half mile back to the truck empty. We ran out of water on the way out to the antelope several hours earlier which made for a pretty crappy hike, we were both pretty dehydrated on the way out. My 16yr old was in tennis shoes and didn't have a pack so I ended up packing the whole goat myself.

That antelope way bedded in the wide open with only a little roll in the ground to cover, we ended up crawling several hundred yards to get into range and waited about an hour for him to stand up while being waterless in the direct sunlight.

662E615A-8D8F-49B9-B7C7-8A6292C9C9F7.jpeg
605CB0F6-68D6-47C3-90DC-DE10013CDB95.jpeg

Last edited:

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
This goat was 8.5 miles in on foot on BLM in north central WY in 2021 on a 2nd choice tag. In hindsight, it was a tad far for an antelope but my buddy and I had a blast.
796D424F-0D00-49AD-9E03-4EEB6C9885DF.jpeg

2 pronghorn double up just about 5 miles. It wasn’t a straight line as we were still trying to fill another tag as we worked our way back. Ran out of water on an exceptionally hot October day. 😂 even all my mule/elk packouts were less than that.

Ernie

Lil-Rokslider
Around the 2-mile mark is longest antelope pack out I have ever had. Most are way shorter.

I did a 6.2 miler this year for the novelty of a backpack goat/mule deer combo hunt. Haha. Checked it off the list and am not yearning to it again. Probably same unit as @TheGreek

This little guy was tasty and had a good story though.

Attachments

• IMG_3456.JPG
    IMG_3456.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 13