Long range scopes

The Nightforce SHV 5-20X56mm is a solid option. It retails for a bit over $1k, but if you call Doug at CamerLand, he will give you a deal, just tell him you are a RS member. I have 2, but only for just a few weeks, so take that into consideration. The sight picture is very good in my opinion. Very clear and sharp, but I have not had either in really low light yet. I have used Leupold Mark 4 scopes for years, and I would say this NF model sight picture / resolution is at least as good as my previous Mark 4s. The MOAR reticle is really nice for banging steel as far as you want to shoot, and it seems like it would be functional if you needed to hold elevation or wind in a hunting situation, but this is a SFP scope, so the MOAR is only accurate at max power. Dialing has been perfect and repeatable so far in both scopes. NF scopes are not light weight, but they have a very strong reputation for function & reliability.

Agreed. First time I hit steel at 1000 yards was using the Nightforce 4-14X56 4-14X56 scope_zpsy6g5f1sr.jpgSHV .