Long Range School (midwest)

I'm not a good shot, and I'm realizing I need to fix that. I've never been a long range hunter, but I'd like to do more western hunting and need to become capable. I'm intrigued by the idea of a long range school to really get some help on fundamentals and lock them in over a few days of intensive practice. I think there's at least one option somewhere in MI (Outdoor Solutions claims to have a new MI location but I haven't seen a scheduled class). Anybody else in the midwest done the long range school thing? Did you fly out to TX or Utah or somewhere or find one closer?

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Anty up for the Shoot2Hunt program if you can. It's worth the time/trip/travel. First one says 0-600 yard class, they'll have you reaching out way past that during the program.

Looks like Frank Galli and Marc Taylor are running a two day course in Ohio on October 7-8. It may already be full but it'd be worth you reaching out to the email and asking anyway. They do great stuff.

Schism

WKR
Looks like Frank Galli and Marc Taylor are running a two day course in Ohio on October 7-8. It may already be full but it'd be worth you reaching out to the email and asking anyway. They do great stuff.

I've taken a couple of their courses at a different location. I found them to be very good classes.

In the midwest I know they do some in Iowa, Nebraska and Ohio. They used to offer a class in MN but I'm not sure if they do that any longer. It might be worth reaching out to them to see what's available.

Boltgun

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have any personal experience with this place, but it looks very good and I was able to speak to someone there that sounded very competent.
K&M in Tennessee

If you’re near the east coast, Coleman’s Creek in NC is fantastic. I’ve taken multiple classes there.

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
This is in NW Illinois. Due to being only a couple hours from home, I’m planning on taking a course at some point in the near future.

I don’t have any personal experience with this place, but it looks very good and I was able to speak to someone there that sounded very competent.
K&M in Tennessee

If you’re near the east coast, Coleman’s Creek in NC is fantastic. I’ve taken multiple classes there.
That's great to hear since I'm only 2 hours from them. They were my top pick for classes near me. How much do they harp on the fundamentals?

Boltgun

Lil-Rokslider
That's great to hear since I'm only 2 hours from them. They were my top pick for classes near me. How much do they harp on the fundamentals?
K&M or Coleman’s?

Coleman’s definitely does. Again, no firsthand experience with K&M.

K&M or Coleman’s?

Coleman’s definitely does. Again, no firsthand experience with K&M.
Colemans is the one near me. I had an odd experience with trying to buy something from K&M that kind of turned me off them. Tried to buy an ACC Elite from them but their credit card processing company rejected my Navy Federal saying it was fraudulent. I talked to Navy Federal and they said that basically never happens, they're not exactly some small town unknown bank. Thought it would be a simple email to correct but K&M wanted a picture of my drivers license as well as a bill addressed to me to prove I live where I live and am who I am. I sent over my license and they never replied to me. Not sure if they're just extremely paranoid or what.

Boltgun

Lil-Rokslider
Colemans is the one near me. I had an odd experience with trying to buy something from K&M that kind of turned me off them. Tried to buy an ACC Elite from them but their credit card processing company rejected my Navy Federal saying it was fraudulent. I talked to Navy Federal and they said that basically never happens, they're not exactly some small town unknown bank. Thought it would be a simple email to correct but K&M wanted a picture of my drivers license as well as a bill addressed to me to prove I live where I live and am who I am. I sent over my license and they never replied to me. Not sure if they're just extremely paranoid or what.
Definitely hit Coleman’s. I’m jealous that you’re close. Private lessons with Brad are money well spent, if you can get a couple guys in with you. He does a great job of teaching directly to your level, so even just a 3-4 hr class will take you up a level.

K&M in Tennessee

I'm heading there in October for the level 1 course. Shot a gas gun match there in 17, first rate facility. I'll report back for an AAR.