Local Watering Holes for big/unique taxidermy

4Cody4

FNG
Fosters Big Horn in Rio Vista has a mounted duck billed platypus.

your move internet.

KClark

WKR
Fosters Big Horn in Rio Vista has a mounted duck billed platypus.

your move internet.

Yeah, 255 mounts, mostly North American but a few from everywhere. Bill Foster killed them all, he was quiet a guy. Made his fortune moonshining during prohibition and spent his retirement hunting. He would go to BC for 30+ days at a time and take a taxidermist with him. He still has many entries in Boone and Crockett. 100s of photos with the mounts and typed and hand written notes by Bill. The photo of the bull moose skeleton with human remains strewn around is my favorite.

RafterH

FNG
Way back when Lone Star Beer had the Buckhorn Saloon in San Antonio, I could look at the mounts for hours. The Buckhorn in Denver does not disappoint.

Laramie

WKR
4th vote here for Ole's in Paxton, NE. Really easy on and off for travelers on I-80. The food isn't bad but nothing amazing. The mounts are worth stopping to see though.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, 255 mounts, mostly North American but a few from everywhere. Bill Foster killed them all, he was quiet a guy. Made his fortune moonshining during prohibition and spent his retirement hunting. He would go to BC for 30+ days at a time and take a taxidermist with him. He still has many entries in Boone and Crockett. 100s of photos with the mounts and typed and hand written notes by Bill. The photo of the bull moose skeleton with human remains strewn around is my favorite.

Is this picture online anywhere?

KClark

WKR
Of the moose skeleton and human skull and bones? I don't know. I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll see if I can find it or maybe a Rio Vistite can post it. IIRC it's from Montana in 1943 and the bones are bleached and thought to be a missing moose hunter from a year or two previous.