Lizard Head Wilderness

Dabo

FNG
Looking for parking area in SE area of Lizard Head wilderness to backpack in during archery season for elk. Dunton rd looks to have some spots just checking with any of y'all to get other ideas. Thanks and hope to see some of you on the trail.

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
There are a LOT of day hikers that come out of Telluride that get up in that area. You might just park in one of the parking areas on the highway near the summit of Lizard Head pass State hwy. 145 Hope this helps!

ckossuth

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for parking area in SE area of Lizard Head wilderness to backpack in during archery season for elk. Dunton rd looks to have some spots just checking with any of y'all to get other ideas. Thanks and hope to see some of you on the trail.

I'll be there Sept. 10 through the 24th. When are you going?

Carl

OP
D

Dabo

FNG
I'll Be there Sept. 8-20th . Maybe we will meet on the trail Ckossuth .
Dabo

Ill be there from Aug 27- Sept 8. The trail head is ok to park at and it'll give you a good starting point. Ive hunted there one other time, backpacked in on the trail and didn't have a problem. I don't know if theres any other place to park up that way. I backpack in to where I hunt so the walk isn't that much of a problem. Anyone know of a meat locker near there and possibly a pack service. We downed a bull last time and it took off a lot further than we had anticipated. The pack out was further than Id like to remember so Id like to have a pack service in my back pocket just in case

HondoArcher

Lil-Rokslider
The elk like to stay up high and watch the day hunters hike in and move out of their way. It is best to pack in and be among them. Good Luck.