Living in Tennessee vs Georgia

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
A friend of mine moved to Cartersville for a job in the medical field and loves everything about the place, except it's not TN

OP
B

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
Forgot to lay out the sporting opportunities around Cartersville. Decent trout fishing (for the south) can be had in north Georgia, East TN, and western North Carolina but you’ll be driving 1.5-2 hours at a minimum. Hell, I do those drives all the time to fish for trout. Good warmwater fishing on the etowah and coosa systems can be had for a myriad of species. Would be helpful to have some type of boat like a fishing kayak for this. Lots of public land to hunt up north in the mountains but the deer density drops when you get to the mountains. You can get into turkeys, hogs, and bear up there as well. I highly recommend spending some time up in places like the Cohutta Wilderness. I mostly hunt at my wife’s farm in South Georgia so I haven’t hunted up here nearly as much as I should have and don’t have a lot of info to offer. You can easily find some leases with openings in central Georgia for better deer hunting at a reasonable drive. Another option would be to get on a lease just over the line in Alabama. A lot of people around here do that and the season goes later. I think the rut is also happening over there right now (but I could be wrong about that). If you end up moving to the Cartersville area send me a private message and I’ll point you to some of my favorite streams within a few hours’ drive.
Not gonna turn down a good trout stream 😂.

Definitely plan to hit the Cohuttas hard. Love the thought of a mountain buck/turkey. Done some trout fishing up there blue lining (mostly just creek chubs with the occasional rainbow), have seen bears (one way closer than I ever want to see one again) and turkeys. Haven’t seen any deer, cut very few tracks. No hog sign at all that I’ve ever run into.