Live Anywhere

Definitely montana. Archery and rifle combined is 10 or 11 weeks of hunting. Lots of otc tags. Resident tags are cheap. As others have said Bozeman, Kalispell, and Helena are great. Missoula's not too bad but definitely has more liberals and hippies. Lots of nice small towns close to each.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Woodsboss

FNG
19 years ago I moved to Idaho from an eastern state. I just finished college and was looking for a job in my field, I found myself in North Idaho. Since that time I've lived in every corner of the state with the exception of Boise. Not having lived in MT or WY and only having Idaho to compare I can tell you it is a sportsmans paradise. The amount and length of hunting and fishing opportunity is unreal. With a pocket of tags you can have experiences most people will only dream of. If you put the effort in you'll fill your elk tag every year, whitetail hunting is a sleeper and muleys well they're muleys. Spring and fall bear hunting, upland hunting better than most. Salmon and steelhead fishing is unbelievable. Quality of life is great. N. Idaho can be a little wet at times, eastern Idaho windy and cold, SW Idaho filled with people which is an Idaho perspective. Central Idaho has awesome weather, little towns, a hand full of jobs and great people. Not knowing what kind of work you do but if I could do things over one place I'd consider would be Salmon, Idaho. 44 is young live it up. Good luck with your decision.

OP
C

Conroy

WKR
I'm thinking of taking a trip to MT and Idaho in March. I have 6 weeks to use before we sell the company. I doubt they will give me all of that at once, but I'm going to see what I can get. In the meantime I will look at the hunting regs and read through your comments. You have all been really helpful and I appreciate it. A lot of good information to think about.

aggieland

WKR
I moved to CO from WI for the job and hunting 42 years ago.....and tallied up 33 or so CO archery elk, 2 bighorn rams, 2 mt goats, a bunch of mule and whitetail deer, antelope, bears, mountain lions, great wife, etc. All in all it was a great move for me. Then we moved from CO to BC for the job and hunting 7 years ago. It has been super as well, archery grizzly, stone ram, a couple moose, Roosevelt elk, white and black tails and a bunch of black bears. Got Canadian citizenship, built a house and have retired here.....more hunting time.

Anyway, follow your instincts and if you love to hunt, go west, even if you aren't a young man. All areas you mention have + and - issues. If you can find a place to live, a house, a truck and a wife that each rates out at over 95% on your scale of importance, just be happy! There aren't any 100% perfects in life (IMO).

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!