Lingering crud vs pulled pork

OP
TaperPin

TaperPin

WKR
Got a picture of this saltless pulled pork with the rub on it? I’m genuinely curious as I’ve always just done store bought rubs but have always wanted to just do my own.

I’ve got one I need to smoke in the next week or so
I didn’t take take a picture, but on one 10” long section of pork loin I tried to see how much rub would be too much and overpower the pork - as much as would stick tasted just fine.

In the past I tried various home made rubs with disappointing results, so I gave up too soon. You should definitely start using your own rub. A restaurant guy was talking about the difference between restaurant ribs vs competition and how many home gamers try to get too complicated following competition formulas. I’m copying roughly what a small parking lot smoke shack said it used on its ribs - 1c coarse onion powder, 1c coarse garlic powder, 1c paprika, 1/4c black pepper, 1/4c chili powder, and simply left out the salt and spicy peppers. This is so mild, kids who don’t like heat don’t complain, and it can always be spiced up as a different step.