Limb splinter

JNDEER

WKR
I did not want to take away from the other topic, so I will start a new one. This is the splinter on my lower limb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 72

jmez

WKR
Think that is fairly common on Hoyt limbs. Clip it off with a fingernail clipper, put some clear nail polish on it and get a new limb on they way from Hoyt. Should be able to shoot it until the new limbs arrive.

Tilzbow

WKR
I've had that happen two to three times and it never caused a problem in the long run. Hoyt will send a new limb if asked but I've never replaced one of mine that had that happen and never had a problem.

My dads alpha max did the same thing when a nock broke on release. He put new strings and cables on, and lightly sanded the edges where the splinters were. Shot it for another 4 months and never had a single problem.

OR Archer

WKR
this is a fairly common problem with the hoyt limbs. its purely cosmetic and will not effect the integrity of the limb. it will be covered under warranty but don't be afraid to shoot it. as stated previously just clip it off, sand lightly, and put a little dab a super glue or other clear adhesive on it and it'll be fine.

OP
J

JNDEER

WKR
Thanks for the input. It has been there for a while, just not that long. I will probably just clip it, sand it and glue it like you guys have suggested. I will make sure to get new limbs ordered just in case.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input. It has been there for a while, just not that long. I will probably just clip it, sand it and glue it like you guys have suggested. I will make sure to get new limbs ordered just in case.

I shot my bow all season after I did the above and NB replaced it after the season. Should not be an issue at all.

Lukem

WKR
I have an Alphamax that had a splinter that was similar, not quite as long, and have worn out two sets of strings twice since then. Hoyt'll take care of you if you want, but it's not a big deal IMO.