lightweight canvas hot tents

OP
wasatchcomm
ive got another 2 months essentially in the 11x11 this fall, October and November,,great tent in any weather conditions or time of year.

I put tent and wood stove on one llama, around 50 lbs. the frame for tent I strap to another llama, unless we come out heavy, they one llama takes all the of the tent and wood stove, small axe, saw,firestarter, around 60lbs if I remember correctly, im using the little amigo stove from Riley stoves,,, also a game changer for a stove, Riley stoves are incredible, if you havent used one, try it,, best stove on planet for livestock.

the 11x11 tent is bullet proof, such great tent, we use in Wyoming, very cold are wet hunt and live, many below 0 nights this fall, not one uncomfortable night yet.

the 11x11 is plenty big for 4 adults on pads,, and limited gear inside, we bring all the panniers and all gear inside tent with me and hunting partner and my dog, dog even has his own thermarest and synthetic sleeping bag.

perfect for cold weather camping, and or any time of year.

I had a great conversation with him on purchasing the 11x11 then he never got back to me via emails or texts. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt since it was during rifle season but I was a little bummed. Hoping to still pick one up at some point. Thanks for the review.

Wonder if anyone on here has any experience with Pomoly brand tents (or stoves)? Those snow trekkers look awesome, but for a quarter of the price, Pomoly has some options that look pretty darn good. They have a canvas blend tipi (with inner tent) and a dome tent that seem like they would do a nice job and not overload a pack animal.

That's an interesting tent. I feel like it's not that different from a whole bunch of tents that are a third the price, but perhaps it's made stateside?
This is another dome hot tent that has a few people using it, out of Norway:

There's a guy on here who has one and likes it, but I'm still going to go with a WRTL/Snowtrekker for my purposes.

OP
wasatchcomm
I have a North face Winona 6 man, it has a big flourless vestibule, I bought it off Sierra trading post for $299 I think, purchased a stove jack and ran that tent early season this year up to early archery,, put my Riley stove in it and it worked great, I really like the room a big dome tent gives you, its 12 lbs lighter than the snow trekker I have , I prefer the canvas to the north face, but in early season if bugs are out its a great tent and inexpensive, the Pomoly tents look very nice, for that price if I didn't have what I have now id purchase one.

CO Hunter

FNG
I bought a Snowtrekker a few months ago. I got the 9.5x9.5 High Country. Jonah was really helpful and production was a week or so quicker than expected. I had it on a fishing trip in WY a few weeks ago and it was awesome. We saw winds forecasted up to 40-50 mph and snow/sleet. It slept 2 of us in cots and a small table/chair with a Knico AK jr stove with some room to move around. I am really looking forward to using this tent in the fall. I fit the tent/poles/stakes/ground tarp in a 27 gal tote (standard black and yellow Home Depot storage tote). I also have a SO Cimarron with stove that I really like, but this tent is a game changer for comfort when truck camping.

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    468.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3745.jpeg
    IMG_3745.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 17