Lightest solo tent with floor and big net?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So I have it narrowed down to: Zpacks plex, Tarptent Aeon, or Durston mid 1. Def want dynema material.

Plan on buy once, cry once, so not concerned with price. Hard to decide, as they all have pros and cons.
Not sure there’s a “bad” choice there among the three. I would just pick based on layout and build quality at this point.

BrodieBC

FNG
Ive been running my durston xmid 2p for the past couple years and absolutely love it. I had the 1p as well but just never used it much. The 2p is an absolute palace for 1 person and all their gear. The vestibule space and pole layout on the xmid is phenomenal. Biggest down side to a trekking pole tent is leaving your poles behind if you leave camp setup but is easily solved with the addition of the poles now available.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Ive been running my durston xmid 2p for the past couple years and absolutely love it. I had the 1p as well but just never used it much. The 2p is an absolute palace for 1 person and all their gear. The vestibule space and pole layout on the xmid is phenomenal. Biggest down side to a trekking pole tent is leaving your poles behind if you leave camp setup but is easily solved with the addition of the poles now available.
With he xmid 1p, did you have room for your pack in the tent, or did it have to go into vestibule?

BrodieBC

FNG
No I had to use the vestibule for my pack. Thats one of the main reasons I stuck with the 2p, its a palace for one person and more than enough room for gear and rifle and everything right in the tent. The vestibules are large enough to cook breakfast and make coffee in the morning. Still my go to tent after a few years of running it and likely going to continue using it for the next few years. I wanted to try something different next season but havent found a suitable replacement yet.

Nuther Tarptent fan although I pay the weight penalty for the SS2 cuz I need my space, especially in foul weather!