Lightest production Grendel AR rifle

BjornF16

WKR
Have you looked at grendelhunter.com?
Satern “Grendel Type II” barrels…that would be a hard pass for me.

There was quite the kerfuffle with this guy a few years back on 65Grendel forum.

I bought one of the Lilja SBR group buy barrels a few years back as well. There was an issue with reamer used to chamber the barrel. I sent mine back to get a proper Grendel chamber done with Manson reamer.

Precision Firearms is a solid choice.

OP
S
It looks like I have a few blanks and found where I copied my stock in lbm vs ozm, so take that original weight for what it's worth, but it's still light.
UPPER
4.11 lb​
6.5 Grendel Bartlein 16" Nitrided Barrel 720 by Precision Firearms (Manson Reamer)
30 oz​
Surefire SF3P-762-5/8-24 Flash Hider / Suppressor Adapter
SLR Stainless Sentry 7 Clamp On Premium Adjustable Gas Block
1.38 oz​
SLR Black Nitrite Mid Length Gas Tube
0.78 oz​
Spikes Tactical Upper Receiver Billet Upper- Gen II (SAR3)
12.5 oz​
Precision Firearms complete BCG w/Black Nitrate Bolt and melonite carrier
11.6 oz​
Bcm Charging Hndl 5.56Mm/223 Mod4 Bk
1.23 oz​
Spike's Tactical 13.2" SAR3 Rail
8.3 oz​
LOWER
2.21 lb​
Spike's Tactical Lower (Multi) Forged Spider Stripped w/ Bullet Markings
8.4 oz​
Premium Precision Firearms Lower Parts Kit
Magpul MIAD® Grip Kit – AR15/M16 ODG
3.56 oz​
Laser Engraved Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard - Revelation 6:8
Geissele SSA Super Semi-Automatic Combat Trigger- 4.5LB
Magpul UBR
23.36oz​
Magpul UBR Aluminum Strike Plate
Spikes Tactical T2 Buffer and Spring
OPTICS
1.59 lb​
Nightforce 2.5-10×24 NXS™ COMPACT RIFLESCOPE Mil-R/Mil
17 oz​
Uni-Mount 1.375-Inch High 1-Piece 20MOA Mount 30mm Nightforce A191
Diamondhead D-45 (Swing Sights) Integrated Sighting System

Get a good barrel from someone with good customer service and a full weight BCG and it's really hard to go wrong from there as long as you stay with reputable brands.
Thank you!!

OP
S
These hogs were all taken with my Grendel sporting 11.5” Lilja (Manson reamer) launching 90 TNT.

The biggest was taken by my son, 200 yards at 0100L.

View attachment 517765
Nice!! That's awesome!! Plan to be going to Oklahoma in March after some hogs. Have a 12.5" upper but due to all the pistol brace issues not sure I'll take it now. Doubt SBR paperwork will be back before then.

I'd been looking for the TNT's but haven't been able to locate any. Found some SST's I'm going to reload those seem to be a solid choice too. Been shooting the controlled chaos and have had great luck on coyotes with those-haven't shot pigs with them yet.

BjornF16

WKR
Nice!! That's awesome!! Plan to be going to Oklahoma in March after some hogs. Have a 12.5" upper but due to all the pistol brace issues not sure I'll take it now. Doubt SBR paperwork will be back before then.

I'd been looking for the TNT's but haven't been able to locate any. Found some SST's I'm going to reload those seem to be a solid choice too. Been shooting the controlled chaos and have had great luck on coyotes with those-haven't shot pigs with them yet.
I've always had good luck with SST bullets from Grendels, although I will say I haven't tried them in this particular gun. I've pretty much stayed with TNTs, although my cache is getting pretty low now and I haven't seen them for sale in quite a while (Factory American Eagle).

OP
S
I've always had good luck with SST bullets from Grendels, although I will say I haven't tried them in this particular gun. I've pretty much stayed with TNTs, although my cache is getting pretty low now and I haven't seen them for sale in quite a while (Factory American Eagle).
Yes, I'm not sure on the best bullet choice out of a short barrel. Think TNT has been the go to for a lot of folks. I've seen some federals 50rd boxes here and there but some are stupid high comparatively. Just the bullets have been non-existent for quite awhile it seems.

BjornF16

WKR
Yes, I'm not sure on the best bullet choice out of a short barrel. Think TNT has been the go to for a lot of folks. I've seen some federals 50rd boxes here and there but some are stupid high comparatively. Just the bullets have been non-existent for quite awhile it seems.
When my TNT runs out, I guess I’ll try 100 ELD-M, 100 NBT, or 107 TMK

OP
S
When my TNT runs out, I guess I’ll try 100 ELD-M, 100 NBT, or 107 TMK
The Accubond (if you can find them), as well as the Hunter Hammer and Maker TREX bullets are worth a look to if your reloading. All being fairly pricey though--some more than others...

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Satern “Grendel Type II” barrels…that would be a hard pass for me.

There was quite the kerfuffle with this guy a few years back on 65Grendel forum.

I bought one of the Lilja SBR group buy barrels a few years back as well. There was an issue with reamer used to chamber the barrel. I sent mine back to get a proper Grendel chamber done with Manson reamer.

Precision Firearms is a solid choice.
Good to see you again brother.

You're talking about the original barrel group buy back in 12'-13' timeframe where Lilja was sold the wrong reamer. They fixed that and on the 2nd group buy for the SBR barrels the chambers were correctly done with the spec Manson reamer.

BjornF16

WKR
Good to see you again brother.

You're talking about the original barrel group buy back in 12'-13' timeframe where Lilja was sold the wrong reamer. They fixed that and on the 2nd group buy for the SBR barrels the chambers were correctly done with the spec Manson reamer.
That’s the one!

The Lilja barrel chambered with proper Grendel reamer (Manson) has been great! I’m very pleased with that gun.