Lightest/best titanium stove?

gtriple

WKR
I've got a Seek Outside Medium U-Turn stove, but I'm wondering if there's anything out there lighter. Or something about the same weight that is easier to assemble. The U-turn is kind of a pain to put together.

I like the design of the Peax and the Argali, but both are heavier. The Winnerwell UL looks like a really good option.

That U-Turn is a pain to assemble. I’ve not tackled one due to Seekoutside mentioning that it can be a challenge.

My next titanium stove will be one that collapses and folds. Even the normal Seekoutside is challenge to assemble when hands are frozen.

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
That U-Turn is a pain to assemble. I’ve not tackled one due to Seekoutside mentioning that it can be a challenge.

My next titanium stove will be one that collapses and folds. Even the normal Seekoutside is challenge to assemble when hands are frozen.
Which one are you considering? The Winnerwell UL seems to be the only light one that assembles quickly.

I just have a hard time buying Chinese shit.

But I’m looking at that winner well. Lol

Nortent also has one I’m checking out as well.

I had a Tigoat stove that was different to set up. It used screws and that was even a challenge in the cold. I think what I e learned is not haveing to assemble is best. But that means a trade off.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I started with a kifaru stove over a decade ago, then went to lite outdoors and now have the winnerwell for two plus years. The kifaru was to small and not worth the effort. The lite outdoors performed well and as designed. I got pretty good at its setup,then I saw the winnerwell and said hmmm. No setup required with it and small weight penalty. I felt it was worth that and sold the lite outdoors as the winnerwell just sooooo easy you do it with eyes closed🤙i have a good number of days in todays good setups for an objective view and wish I had them when I was young 💯

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I started with a kifaru stove over a decade ago, then went to lite outdoors and now have the winnerwell for two plus years. The kifaru was to small and not worth the effort. The lite outdoors performed well and as designed. I got pretty good at its setup,then I saw the winnerwell and said hmmm. No setup required with it and small weight penalty. I felt it was worth that and sold the lite outdoors as the winnerwell just sooooo easy you do it with eyes closed🤙i have a good number of days in todays good setups for an objective view and wish I had them when I was young 💯
That winnerwell…big enough for an 8am tipi? And what’s the typical burn time? 2 hours??

renagde

WKR
@renagde may be able to help, @gtriple

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing to keep in mind is how will you this stove. Are you carrying it in, if so the winnerwell is a good choice due to ease of setup for minimal weight. If car camping then four dogs makes some great choices and I use my two dog in the redcliff as I get 4-6 hrs burn time in it. Can use this stove in my small wall tent or the red cliff 🤙 a lot of choices and options depending on your most likely style of hunting and if mostly car camping tough to be a four dog stove this one is 20 yrs old and will outlive me🤙 @Yukon Cornelius

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0806.png
    IMG_0806.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
The thing to keep in mind is how will you this stove. Are you carrying it in, if so the winnerwell is a good choice due to ease of setup for minimal weight. If car camping then four dogs makes some great choices and I use my two dog in the redcliff as I get 4-6 hrs burn time in it. Can use this stove in my small wall tent or the red cliff 🤙 a lot of choices and options depending on your most likely style of hunting and if mostly car camping tough to be a four dog stove this one is 20 yrs old and will outlive me🤙 @Yukon Cornelius
I currently use a boat to hunt. Joys of living in a river without roads.

I used a kni-co this season simply because it was already out together.

I am thinking I’ll just give the winner well a go. Why not? lol. Everyone needs multiple stoves.