Light weight tripod for 6'8" dude!`

Jdog

WKR
Fellow Roksliders - It's time to upgrade my tripod. I have been using a cheap Nikon camo tripod for the last 5 years. It only extends to about 48", is aluminum and not too heavy but I was hoping for something more stable for my upcoming dall sheep hunt.

I was hoping to possibly find something that I could possibly use standing but am unfamiliar with most tall tripods. If I have to settle for not being able to stand and use the spotter/tripod, then I will prolly go with a Velbon or a Slik in a smaller carbon fiber construction.

Figured I throw this out there to see if anyone esle has one that will work for tall dudes.

My eyes are about 74-75" from the ground and atop the tripod will be a Swaro 65mm spotter.

Holla at me!

dotman

WKR
A ladder :) I do some research see what options I come up with. Also probabaly good to know if you use an angled or straight spotter.

Gman

WKR
Promaster 525 carbon gets up there. Not sure of exact measurements but I'm sure you can find them online. Good pricepoint for that range of tripod.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
6'8"?

My recommendation is to glass sitting down.

Look into SLIK's tripods. Their website has the max height listed. Weights are reasonable, and My 340EZ has performed very well for me.