Light weight bipods

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some input on a good light weight bipod that won’t break the bank

Keep an eye out here in the classifieds for a Spartan system. The only way you're usually going to find quality and performance on the cheap, for guns or otherwise, is to get it second hand.

pirogue

WKR
You can tell who doesn’t hunt Coues and Muleys in the desert Southwest. You may lay down once, but not many do it a second time.

I know a LOT of people that hunt coues every year, myself included. I think all of us try to shoot prone if at all possible. I just didn’t know if that’s what he meant. The rocks are a lot more of a problem then the cactus..

You can tell who doesn’t hunt Coues and Muleys in the desert Southwest. You may lay down once, but not many do it a second time.
What you're hunting, whether deer or just some quiet time, lying down in that country is a sad, sad mistake!

Before "woke" became a thing, when BP agents caught aliens in west Texas, they took the aliens shoes. Little plant called a "dog pear" kept them in place! LOL!

Back on thread. I have a bipod on all my AR's.
Worth a fortune if you ever need to set your rifle down. Flip the bipod down and you don't have to lay it on the ground or prop it against a tree.
I despise 'em! Even folded up out of the way, they hang up on everything. It's like the welder who wouldn't jump out of a plane with a parachute, but he would with a welding lead! "You KNOW it gonna hang up on something!"

For turkey season, I used three 1/2" dowel rods. A piece of an old inner tube holds them together.
Fully adjustable. It's even strong enough to hold my shotgun, leaving both hands free to call.
Folded up, it makes a pretty fair walking cane.
(.....and it was CHEAP! 😉👍)

Looking for some input on a good light weight bipod that won’t break the bank
As a general rule, the words "good" and "cheap" don't belong in the same sentence.

"Harris" bipods are supposedly the "cat's meow". I think all my bipods are UTG.
i.e. really cheap.
They work pretty well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The Spartan setup works really well for me. Short bipod in bino harness or pocket. Second full unit with long legs for seated and steep angle shots goes strapped to pack, hand carried, attached to the gun when stalking in, etc.

You’d have to have two backpacks stacked on each other and it likely still wouldn’t have given me enough height to shoot at the last two Coues bucks I killed. Both were seated shots with the long Spartan bipod.

OP
L

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Second the Spartan setup. Light, compact, easy and quick magnetic disconnect, so it don’t jab your shoulder, while carrying, or hang up on things, like those permanent and semi permanent mounts. But like other things, light, compact, and quality ain’t the cheapest thing on the shelf. You get what you pay for. Talk to Paul at Happy Antelope.
Just ordered one from him

pirogue

WKR
Second the Spartan setup. The Hunt Pro is what I use, 19-42”, so you don’t have to lay down. Light, compact, easy and quick magnetic disconnect, so it don’t jab your shoulder, while carrying, or hang up on things, like those permanent and semi permanent mounts. But like other things, light, compact, and quality ain’t the cheapest thing on the shelf. You get what you pay for. Talk to Paul at Happy Antelope.

Ive tried the spartan 2 different times and then went to the mtn bipod, like it better but they arent cheap