Light / compact backpack food stove?

Currently use the jetboil and has worked well. But often times I don’t bring it with me due to the space it takes up in the pack.

Anyone aware of smaller options that save much space/room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
Dc4Ailx.jpg

solid fuel works well enough for a night or two more than 2 nights and an alcohol burner like a pepsi stove comes out ahead.

i carry this on day hunts and make coffee every day for lunch.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the stove mentioned above by Geewhiz for a couple years and is great. I can fit it along with a lighter inside my titanium mug and use the mug to boil water for dinner/coffee. Lightest smallest setup I’ve found

Geewhiz

WKR
MSR pocket rocket (sounds like a vibrator I know…) and a 750ml titanium cup is what I use for single serve when I’m by myself.
I have a pocket rocket and used it for years thinking that it was about as small as you could get, until I found the BRS. It's dainty and you've got to be somewhat careful with it, but it does everything the pocket rocket does at a fraction of the weight and size. And they are dirt cheap.

Taudisio

WKR

This is a sweet stove and I cant imagine getting the same performance out of anything smaller/lighter. Pair it with whatever pot you want.
I also have been using this for some time now. Search it on YouTube, and you will see a lot of through backpackers use different setups. It takes another minute longer to get your water boiling over a jetboil, but the weight and size difference for the setup is night and day.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
BRS-3000 stove and the Petrel 600mL pot from Fire Maple. Stove is as good as everyone says, and the pot has a heat exchanger so it boils water just as quickly and efficiently as a JetBoil. Heat exchanger has three slots cut in it so the stove supports fit into it so it’s a little more stable/secure - not as secure as a JetBoil but you’re saving the weight from the material used from the locking mechanism, 100% worth it. In the end it’s a small and light combo that works really really well.

OP
T
Wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the suggestions.

Ended up with a toaks 550ml pot and a BRS stove. Its all fits together with gas in the pot.

With a fuel can that is 3/4 used, the setup weights 8 oz without a small lighter, should be about 8.5 with a lighter.

The biggest benefit I see is that how much more compact it is vs a jet boil system

It boiled 10 oz of 50 degree water in about 2 minutes

d37f8649665d9b665e7655459a035ca2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taudisio

WKR
👍 Just remember it takes a bit longer to boil. I also use an orange leg stand (Amazon) that clips onto the fuel cans and folds up and still fits in the toaks with a bic, the fuel canister, and brs. A little extra weight, but I think it’s a bit more stable. I also have a micro silicone glove and that also fits inside. Amazon link
Neither are necessary, but still light and convenient for sure.

I used a Snowpeak Giga titanium for about a decade and a half trouble free.

Recently upgraded to a Soto Windmaster. The stove, a small can of fuel, a small wash cloth all fit inside my titanium cup/pot.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Make sure it has a fuel pressure regulator if you want to use in colder weather.

Highly suggest pocket rocket deluxe model from MSR, bulletproof.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is ultralight and when done right is smokeless. I made and used one as a scout leader from tin cans. Lots of tutorials on YouTube, uses the “wood gas” principal with preheated air once it gets going.

Otherwise. I use a small titanium pot and small burner now, instead of the jetboil. I have an OG jet boil that still runs like a champ, but retired it and passing it along to a friend.