Light / compact backpack food stove?

Currently use the jetboil and has worked well. But often times I don’t bring it with me due to the space it takes up in the pack.

Anyone aware of smaller options that save much space/room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
Dc4Ailx.jpg

solid fuel works well enough for a night or two more than 2 nights and an alcohol burner like a pepsi stove comes out ahead.

i carry this on day hunts and make coffee every day for lunch.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the stove mentioned above by Geewhiz for a couple years and is great. I can fit it along with a lighter inside my titanium mug and use the mug to boil water for dinner/coffee. Lightest smallest setup I’ve found

Geewhiz

WKR
MSR pocket rocket (sounds like a vibrator I know…) and a 750ml titanium cup is what I use for single serve when I’m by myself.
I have a pocket rocket and used it for years thinking that it was about as small as you could get, until I found the BRS. It's dainty and you've got to be somewhat careful with it, but it does everything the pocket rocket does at a fraction of the weight and size. And they are dirt cheap.

Taudisio

WKR

This is a sweet stove and I cant imagine getting the same performance out of anything smaller/lighter. Pair it with whatever pot you want.
I also have been using this for some time now. Search it on YouTube, and you will see a lot of through backpackers use different setups. It takes another minute longer to get your water boiling over a jetboil, but the weight and size difference for the setup is night and day.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
BRS-3000 stove and the Petrel 600mL pot from Fire Maple. Stove is as good as everyone says, and the pot has a heat exchanger so it boils water just as quickly and efficiently as a JetBoil. Heat exchanger has three slots cut in it so the stove supports fit into it so it’s a little more stable/secure - not as secure as a JetBoil but you’re saving the weight from the material used from the locking mechanism, 100% worth it. In the end it’s a small and light combo that works really really well.

OP
T
Wanted to follow up and thank everyone for the suggestions.

Ended up with a toaks 550ml pot and a BRS stove. Its all fits together with gas in the pot.

With a fuel can that is 3/4 used, the setup weights 8 oz without a small lighter, should be about 8.5 with a lighter.

The biggest benefit I see is that how much more compact it is vs a jet boil system

It boiled 10 oz of 50 degree water in about 2 minutes

d37f8649665d9b665e7655459a035ca2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taudisio

WKR
👍 Just remember it takes a bit longer to boil. I also use an orange leg stand (Amazon) that clips onto the fuel cans and folds up and still fits in the toaks with a bic, the fuel canister, and brs. A little extra weight, but I think it’s a bit more stable. I also have a micro silicone glove and that also fits inside. Amazon link
Neither are necessary, but still light and convenient for sure.

I used a Snowpeak Giga titanium for about a decade and a half trouble free.

Recently upgraded to a Soto Windmaster. The stove, a small can of fuel, a small wash cloth all fit inside my titanium cup/pot.