Life after stents?

My heart attack was 10 years ago. Could not treat with stents. Tried 3 times to open it. Treating with medication. I'm 67 just got back to camp from a 6 mile hike chasing elk in Northern Idaho. Have never missed an elk hunt since the heart attack.
Ya never know what you can do 'til you try.
Trick is, knowing when to back off!

My feet and legs give out, I just sit down and rest.
Occasionally, I'll get involved in what I'm doing and forget to rest. Then, a 20-30 minute rest becomes a couple of hours!

1) Figure out your limitations.
2) Learn to operate within those limitations.
3) Always try to expand your limitations.
4) Know when to quit pushing.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
My wife was a cardiac nurse, ICU nurse, and Interventional Radiology nurse (strokes). Sometimes, there is literally no amount of exercise, healthy diet, etc. that can prevent genetics from doing what genetics do.

She would see 30 year old healthy individuals with massive strokes, heart attacks, etc. Working as a police officer, I would see individuals with end stage cirrhosis at 35, while heavy drinkers living on the streets were still kicking at 70 years old with minimul health issues.

I get blood work done every year. I have high cholesterol (which runs in my family). I have yet to go on medication, as it's only marginally high, yet it's important for everyone...I mean EVERYONE...to do yearly physicals with blood work when you hit 30 years of age. Genetics do not care about how many salads you eat or miles you hike. That's what I have learned after hearing all the stories my wife has.