Leupold BX-4 HD Ranging Binos

Crambo

FNG
Anyone have an experience with the Leupold BX-4 Range Finding Binoculars? If so, what was your experience? Good or bad. Would you buy again or recommend to a friend? If you sold them to buy another set of range finding binos, what did you buy instead?

~ Crambo

I can't say I have experience with Leupold range finding bios. I won't buy another Rangefinder from Leupold. They do not stand behind their product. I had one of their top of the line Rangefinders for a couple of years. I barely used it to the point that the original battery was still in top shape. But, the lcd readout screen went kaput. Leupold's only offer was to "discount" their current offerings. Those discounts were no better than what current market price was for their RFs. In fact, they told me over the phone that they use an organic lcd screen that can fade overtime.

JGRaider

WKR
I can't say I have experience with Leupold range finding bios. I won't buy another Rangefinder from Leupold. They do not stand behind their product. I had one of their top of the line Rangefinders for a couple of years. I barely used it to the point that the original battery was still in top shape. But, the lcd readout screen went kaput. Leupold's only offer was to "discount" their current offerings. Those discounts were no better than what current market price was for their RFs. In fact, they told me over the phone that they use an organic lcd screen that can fade overtime.
I had two Leupy RF's do the same thing, lcd readout went bad on both. The RF/bino is a different animal though, as Meopta makes it for Leupold so it will be head and shoulders better than anything leupy tries to do with electronics.

I had two Leupy RF's do the same thing, lcd readout went bad on both. The RF/bino is a different animal though, as Meopta makes it for Leupold so it will be head and shoulders better than anything leupy tries to do with electronics.
That's good to know.

ZDR

WKR
I tried a pair locally and was unimpressed. They were heavy and the ergonomics were terrible. It was literally like holding a brick in my hands. The optics were better than some I tried (Sig 6K compact, Vortex fury) and the rangefinder worked well.