Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Tikka T3x LA
18" Preffered 7 SAUM 1 in 8
Stocky's VG in western viper
Spartan precision gunsmith adapters x2
Extra low leupold rings
4.5-14x40 leupold vx3
Weighs 6lb naked
Currently wearing a nomad-30 but I'm a little Ti-curious. Pushing 168gr ABLR 2775fps with H1000, ADG brass, Winchester LRMsView attachment 774164
View attachment 774162
Love the stock! Been considering it myself. How do you like it?
Tikka T3x LA
18" Preffered 7 SAUM 1 in 8
Stocky's VG in western viper
Spartan precision gunsmith adapters x2
Extra low leupold rings
4.5-14x40 leupold vx3
Weighs 6lb naked
Currently wearing a nomad-30 but I'm a little Ti-curious. Pushing 168gr ABLR 2775fps with H1000, ADG brass, Winchester LRMsView attachment 774164
View attachment 774162
Love the stock! Considering it myself. How do you like the scope? I had it in my cart and decided on the VX5. Now I'm back searching for an optic - want a little more power than the 3-15.

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm heavily considering a bravo for my hunting rig. Is that your primary use?
Love the stock! Been considering it myself. How do you like it?

Love the stock! Considering it myself. How do you like the scope? I had it in my cart and decided on the VX5. Now I'm back searching for an optic - want a little more power than the 3-15.
Personally I’d go Bravo over the VG Hunter if I were you, the Bravo has considerably better ergonomics and really isn’t that crazy heavy.

What weight are you currently sitting at?
I am working on a project that is eerily similar to this and want to stay light, but functional with minimal recoil. I know compared to your setup, my optic is around 9 ounces lighter. But, I am not sure I would change too much else - maybe the can for a brake until I get a Ti can, and then no bipod (using my trekking poles).

Appreciate any insight.

I’m at 10lb 10oz including a mag with 3 rounds and a neoprene scope cover. Bipod 1lb 0.75oz, can is 13.25oz. This is actually the first time I’ve put it on a proper scale and, wow, it hurt my feelings.
Also in February I asked the smith to cut it to 20”, assumed he did, shot/hunted with it from spring bear to now, and only last weekend when I set it next to my dad’s 22” model 70 realized he’d actually chopped it to 18” . Not a huge weight difference but it’s a happy accident and I feel now that I wouldn’t want any longer with a 7ish inch can.
Side note: it did the trick last weekend with a 162gr ELDX at 267 yards.
IMG_2239.jpeg

Not certain if my T3x Lite Roughtech 7mm Rem Mag qualifies as semi-custom, but it is not completely stock. It has the following additions....
Mountain Tactical Cheek Riser
Mountain Tactical Raptor Scope Mount
Mountain Tactical ARCA - Lite rail
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x
Thunderbeast Arms CB Muzzle Break
Thunderbeast Arms Ultra 7

Tikka7mmRM_WY-2023.jpg

Not certain if my T3x Lite Roughtech 7mm Rem Mag qualifies as semi-custom, but it is not completely stock. It has the following additions....
Mountain Tactical Cheek Riser
Mountain Tactical Raptor Scope Mount
Mountain Tactical ARCA - Lite rail
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x
Thunderbeast Arms CB Muzzle Break
Thunderbeast Arms Ultra 7

View attachment 777856
This rocks. I wish I hadn’t been sucked into a flashy stock. Guys seem to have great results with the factory stock and some minor upgrades to the ergos. That and a few minutes with a can of rustoleum looks pretty damn aftermarket to me. Lots of ammo could be had for the price of a mcmilllan or manners.
Someone who’s done it both ways and has a much higher round count than me feel free to confirm or dispute this claim.