Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Kinda… didn’t want the weight or permanence of bondo. I started shaping some rigid foam but gave up on that pretty quick.

I used 5/8” dowel cut diagonally 1 3/4” long to taper it trying to get the grip more vertical.

Used scotch 2 sided outdoor tape to attach the flat side of dowel to grip. Then three layers of that tape to build it out. Tedious to measure and fit custom but each layer was wider and longer.

Found a thick all leather sheet from Amazon that had one side adhesive. To get shape right took a few tries but once it was right I took marine version of goop silicon at the edge of grip and my build up so nothing could get in under and ruin it weather wise then peeled the leather and stock it on.

Then did the same thing with half moon shaped on the very bottom. Then another light bead of silicon on all edges.

Doubled sided tape is a pain but holds well. The fact that much of this is adhesive bound to adhesive is pretty strong except the wood.

Done two now and I could do it in an hour if I do a third.

It’s 1 5/8” from trigger which works nice for me with thin gloves and bare hand leather feels very nice!
Thanks for the detailed response. Might be something I tackle this winter when I have some more free time. Trying to build the kids a budget rifle with a compact stock and shorter trigger reach. Just gotta find a used .243 for a decent price.

Shraggs

WKR
Thanks for the detailed response. Might be something I tackle this winter when I have some more free time. Trying to build the kids a budget rifle with a compact stock and shorter trigger reach. Just gotta find a used .243 for a decent price.
Your welcome. Both are working very well.

Ultimately I’ll be getting 2 rokstocks when I can swing it. I spent a lot of time learning me in terms of lop, scope relief, hand size bla bla. Mine are Jed clampit-ish but functionally excellent.

My first RSS once I learned here about trigger reach - I quickly bought 1” x 1/2” dense foam to seal windows from ACE - it worked fine for a season and very cheap.
FYI.

Your welcome. Both are working very well.

Ultimately I’ll be getting 2 rokstocks when I can swing it. I spent a lot of time learning me in terms of lop, scope relief, hand size bla bla. Mine are Jed clampit-ish but functionally excellent.

My first RSS once I learned here about trigger reach - I quickly bought 1” x 1/2” dense foam to seal windows from ACE - it worked fine for a season and very cheap.
FYI.
Yea I have a Rokstok on order. Learned the hard way with a different aftermarket stock that trigger reach is a real thing. The foam would be a good option in the interm.

I also like bush league solutions initially. Cheap way to find out what works until I have the money for a better alternative.

I may be doing that waiting on this Rokstok…

Anybody done a HNT 26 Tikka build? I’m looking at building a 6CM with an 18” proof and NXS 2.5-10.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
-Tikka Roughtech in 6.5cm Chopped to 20”and threaded. (4lbs 11oz)
-Mesa precision Altitude stock (32oz)
-Glades bolt hand and knob
-Talley lightweight low rings (2.5oz)
-Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x50 (25.7oz)

Weighs 8lbs 8oz. Could shave off some more weight with a Stockys and a smaller scope.

tikka1.jpeg
tikka.jpeg
IMG_2789.jpeg

Edited

Weather has finally cooled off enough to get out and shoot it. Ran a box of cheaper ammo through it and then shot some Hornady Match 140 ELDM’s. Very happy with the feel of the gun and the groups it was shooting. Will chrono speeds in next week or so

Here is a 6 shot group
IMG_2841.jpeg

Last edited:
My latest....

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: 26” Proof Sendero Lite 1:10
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Scope: Tangent Theta 5-25 with Spuhr one piece mount

316f0e4c-78eb-4531-96b2-0d52afdddb3b.jpeg
What bolt knob do you have?

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Here’s 3

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpeg
    IMG_2169.jpeg
    856.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2171.jpeg
    IMG_2171.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1861.jpeg
    IMG_1861.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 30
Thanks! How did you like it? I’m kinda thinking I may go with a Peak 44 blacktooth to save weight. Would love to build one in the 7lb range.
it was ok. i prefer a stock and thumb in line with the bore. it weighed about 31 oz with normal lop spacers. if you rly want to save weight there's better options

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
are the first two both stockys?
First two pics? Those are the same rifle and yes a Stockys. I actually just completed that project this weekend and shot the first rounds through it. I got the stock off the classifieds here while I wait on my Blacktooth stock.

That rifle was my last minute light weight project for an upcoming backcountry hunt. Rifle weighs 7lbs 10oz as pictured. The Blacktooth will drop a couple more ounces.

Super light 6.5cm chopped to 16.5”, fluted the bolt, titanium and carbon bolt… it’s a pretty sweet rig. Got 130gr TMK up to 2780 today without pressure.

Last edited:

Spoonbill

WKR
First two pics? Those are the same rifle and yes a Stockys. I actually just completed that project this weekend and shot the first rounds through it. I got the stock off the classifieds here while I wait on my Blacktooth stock.
Sorry I meant first two rifles. How different is the grip angle from the vertical grip to the non vertical grip?

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Sorry I meant first two rifles. How different is the grip angle from the vertical grip to the non vertical grip?
Oh, no. The green rifle is the Stockys, the other is a Manners EH1. I like the ergos of the second rifle (EH1) when shooting off bipod, tripod, bench etc, but not my favorite as a hiking rifle. The Stockys is decent, but I would like it better with some texture on the grip and fore end and a higher negative comb. So I would say, different tools vs better or worse…