Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Kinda… didn’t want the weight or permanence of bondo. I started shaping some rigid foam but gave up on that pretty quick.

I used 5/8” dowel cut diagonally 1 3/4” long to taper it trying to get the grip more vertical.

Used scotch 2 sided outdoor tape to attach the flat side of dowel to grip. Then three layers of that tape to build it out. Tedious to measure and fit custom but each layer was wider and longer.

Found a thick all leather sheet from Amazon that had one side adhesive. To get shape right took a few tries but once it was right I took marine version of goop silicon at the edge of grip and my build up so nothing could get in under and ruin it weather wise then peeled the leather and stock it on.

Then did the same thing with half moon shaped on the very bottom. Then another light bead of silicon on all edges.

Doubled sided tape is a pain but holds well. The fact that much of this is adhesive bound to adhesive is pretty strong except the wood.

Done two now and I could do it in an hour if I do a third.

It’s 1 5/8” from trigger which works nice for me with thin gloves and bare hand leather feels very nice!
Thanks for the detailed response. Might be something I tackle this winter when I have some more free time. Trying to build the kids a budget rifle with a compact stock and shorter trigger reach. Just gotta find a used .243 for a decent price.

Shraggs

WKR
Thanks for the detailed response. Might be something I tackle this winter when I have some more free time. Trying to build the kids a budget rifle with a compact stock and shorter trigger reach. Just gotta find a used .243 for a decent price.
Your welcome. Both are working very well.

Ultimately I’ll be getting 2 rokstocks when I can swing it. I spent a lot of time learning me in terms of lop, scope relief, hand size bla bla. Mine are Jed clampit-ish but functionally excellent.

My first RSS once I learned here about trigger reach - I quickly bought 1” x 1/2” dense foam to seal windows from ACE - it worked fine for a season and very cheap.
FYI.

Your welcome. Both are working very well.

Ultimately I’ll be getting 2 rokstocks when I can swing it. I spent a lot of time learning me in terms of lop, scope relief, hand size bla bla. Mine are Jed clampit-ish but functionally excellent.

My first RSS once I learned here about trigger reach - I quickly bought 1” x 1/2” dense foam to seal windows from ACE - it worked fine for a season and very cheap.
FYI.
Yea I have a Rokstok on order. Learned the hard way with a different aftermarket stock that trigger reach is a real thing. The foam would be a good option in the interm.

I also like bush league solutions initially. Cheap way to find out what works until I have the money for a better alternative.

I may be doing that waiting on this Rokstok…

Anybody done a HNT 26 Tikka build? I’m looking at building a 6CM with an 18” proof and NXS 2.5-10.