Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

scrubolio

FNG
Are you going directly to the integral rail, or are you adding a pic rail?

I used an Area 419 rail with low SWFA rings for a couple of 50 mm objective scopes, including a 5-20 SWFA, on Tikkas, and the height is about as low as you can get away with. I can post up some pics when I get home.
Thanks for the reply. I was planning on mounting directly to the Tikka dovetail.

I see that Sportsmatch has the medium TO84 rings which is what most people seem to get (but for the fixed 6x or 3-9x), then the high HTO73 rings.

As per the 3rd post on this thread, the SWFA 5-20x50 barely fits on the dovetail with TO84 rings, the member measured 0.060" clearance from the bottom of the scope to the barrel. Might be too close for comfort.

I will probably go with the higher HTO73 rings.

Are you going directly to the integral rail, or are you adding a pic rail?

I used an Area 419 rail with low SWFA rings for a couple of 50 mm objective scopes, including a 5-20 SWFA, on Tikkas, and the height is about as low as you can get away with. I can post up some pics when I get home.

First pic is UM lows with 44mm objective. Depending on where the objective bell lines up with the barrel contour, a 50mm objective could work. This is the first rig I used UM rings on. I have been very impressed with them and will henceforth use them for rigs on which the scope will be mounted direct to the integral Tikka rail.

Second pic is of a 50mm objective, 20 moa pic rail and SWFA low rings. I have set several Tikkas with 50mm objectives up this exact way. Gets the height about perfect and it's a very robust mounting set up for larger scopes.

Third pic is 42mm objective in Sportsmatch low rings. I've used the Sportsmatch on a lot of rigs that have seen a lot of use for a lot of years. Never let me down.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20231127_194158.jpg
    20231127_194158.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 20231127_200319.jpg
    20231127_200319.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 20231127_200618.jpg
    20231127_200618.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 157

scrubolio

FNG
First pic is UM lows with 44mm objective. Depending on where the objective bell lines up with the barrel contour, a 50mm objective could work. This is the first rig I used UM rings on. I have been very impressed with them and will henceforth use them for direct rail mounting on Tikkas.

Second pic is of a 50mm objective, 20 moa pic rail and SWFA low rings. I have set several Tikkas with 50mm objectives up this exact way. Gets the height about perfect and it's a very robust mounting set up for larger scopes.

Third pic is 42mm objective in Sportsmatch low rings. I've used the Sportsmatch on a lot of rigs that have seen a lot of use for a lot of years. Never let me down.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the pics!

the UM rings do look nice!

As per your third pic, looks like a 50mm objective could be cutting it too close. The rings used in this photo are the TO84's?

Thanks again

Thanks for the pics!

the UM rings do look nice!

As per your third pic, looks like a 50mm objective could be cutting it too close. The rings used in this photo are the TO84's?

Thanks again
Yes. The SM rings pictured are TO84. The 42mm objective in them is pretty close to the barrel.

duffman

FNG
Figured I would add my contribution to the thread:
Tikka T3 w/ 24” Bartlein marksman contour 6.5 Creedmoor. Chassis is an older gen KRG xray.

Pretty heavy with the Razor and Specwar 762, but with a tripod I’ve still used it in odd hunting positions like grain bin stairs etc. Used to use it for matches etc but have transitioned more to field shooting, varminting/hunting. Thinking switching to a shorter med palma, along with the TBAC ultra I have waiting will make it handier for this use.

Attachments

• IMG_9377.jpeg
    IMG_9377.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_8311.jpeg
    IMG_8311.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 212

scrubolio

FNG
I pretty sure med height Vortex rings.

I got the Sportsmatch TO84 and HTO73 rings. With the 50mm objective on the SWFA 5-20x, I could use the TO84 but I couldn't even fit a dime in-between (dime being 0.053" thick according to wikipedia) the barrel and the bell housing of the objective lens. Given that, I couldn't even run the scope caps on it.

So I took them off and mounted the scope on the HTO73 rings, and have roughly 5/16" of a gap at the narrowest point. Can obviously use the scope caps now.

Later if I can get my hands on a 3-9x or a 6x, I'll switch back to the TO84 rings.

View attachment 582959
Tikka T3X Lite 300 Win Mag cerekoted in matte black:
- Greyboe Phoenix Stock
- Proof Research Sendero 1:10
- Mountain Tactical Bottom Metal, Bolt Handle, Shroud, Trigger Spring
- Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x44mm
- Hawkins Pic Rail
- MDT Premier Rings
- Meraki Machine Brake
- Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt Bipod
Nice build man. how does it shoot? and what ammo have you had success with? thank you

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have a Superlite w/ a 22.4" barrel that can measure how much barrel length before the fluting starts?

Can't tell from the pics, but looks maybe 2+ inches????

Thanks!

Anyone have a Superlite w/ a 22.4" barrel that can measure how much barrel length before the fluting starts?

Can't tell from the pics, but looks maybe 2+ inches????

Thanks!

There was a thread here a couple days ago that asked the same question. If I remember correctly it was right around three inches.