Let’s see your bird vests.

Kade206

FNG
I've been over researching vests the last few weeks and keep coming back to something like the final rise or marsupial gear strap vests. I have the idea that I can use it for turkey hunts as well but I can't get over the price of these systems. Has anyone used theirs for turkey? Is this way off base?

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t have pics right now, but mine is a browning, peasants forever edition my dad gave me for a birthday present when I was 12, it’s all worn out but still Carries birds and even more memories.

Rogue1980

FNG
I’ve gone through 3 vests in the last 3 seasons, trying to find one that fit my needs. I need to carrying 4 liters of water, shells, and birds for 4-6 hrs in steep terrain. I finally got the Marsupial vest last November and I love it. The waist strap and huge bird bag are awesome. I abandoned the water bladder system of my last vest due to freezing issues. Cheaper strap vests were killing my neck and shoulder. I still use my other vests for shorter pheasant hunts.

I've been super happy with my Mule brown/orange vest. its nearly briar proof but don't layer up too much under it because the game bag portion is waterproof so blood doesn't drip all down your backside. This equates to sweat buildup
I'm not sure about where the material is made but they are sewn here in the USA. I called them to order once and I spoke directly to the lady who makes them

I was planning on upgrading my vest this fall, was going to go with Marsupial but now I'm debating a Final Rise. Helpful to see some pics in the field!

I have used a Q5 the last two years. I hunt a lot and for the way I hunt it’s great and extremely durable.

I don’t see myself wanting or needing anything else in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkell

FNG
Final Rise Legacy for me hunting grouse and pheasants in MN. Holds everything I can need, rides super well, and I can fit as much water as I need for the way I hunt. Couple mile loops through cuts then on to the truck and hit another spot. I have been pleased with my purchase.

Wingworks is really high quality. After having mine for 13 years I finally cleaned it with the hose and soap last fall. Except for a couple of blood spots it looks like new. I love it and the features.

Attachments

• 36EE1B19-C145-4413-A982-5EEB0B39E844.jpeg
    36EE1B19-C145-4413-A982-5EEB0B39E844.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 67

WCB

WKR
We use/used to use Filson but they screwed us on Warranty 2x now with there vests. Pleats on the pockets wear through. Had one vest they took care of that was maybe 10 years old. Two new vest wore in the exact same spot in 1 full season. Sent them in and were told "that is normal wear and/or abuse" wouldn't fix it or replace the vests. Absolute B.S.

Following along for recommendations on minimalist light vests. Won't spend a dime with Filson.

I just received the Final Rise Summit in the mail yesterday, the Legacy would have worked but I wanted the zip closure shell pockets vs. the velcro only of the Legacy. Really happy with the fit and quality given the price, and feels good to support a made in USA small business. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Heres a Final Rise top and Marsupial on the bottom. I've had the Alps and Tenzing, couldn't get the belt on the Alps tight enough for my waist so sold it and got the Tenzing. They are pretty similar quality build wise and work pretty good, used the Tenzing for two seasons and it faded pretty good but held up pretty good, it's in the classifieds somewhere if someone is interested. Bit the bullet this year and bought the Marsupial with the large bag, definitely built heavier and has the option for a bladder or bottles. I kinda wish I went with a non orange so I could use it for turkey. Hope it last a long time as it's not cheap ha ha but don't see any reason it won't.
IMG_6001.JPG

TSAMP

WKR
For the Final Rise users here, How has the fabric held up? I see the newest version (Summit XT) is now using the 1000D fabric. My biggest take away so far is that the Marsupial does appear to have heavier fabric, but smaller pockets. I am looking into the hybrid or sidekick versions myself.

dkell

FNG
I only have a season on it. However, I’m in northern MN running through some nasty heavy cover and it looks brand new. I hunted about 30 days last bird season.

Man, you guys are FANCY! I still use my one i bought at Fleet Farm like 10 years ago. Zero issues with it as it holds birds and shells same as the day i bought it.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I've been over researching vests the last few weeks and keep coming back to something like the final rise or marsupial gear strap vests. I have the idea that I can use it for turkey hunts as well but I can't get over the price of these systems. Has anyone used theirs for turkey? Is this way off base?
I looked at both and ended up ordering the marsupial this week to try out turkey hunting. Minus the seat I think with some pockets attached it'll do the job. And actually went on sale the other day which made me jump on it.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the middle size marsupial gear setup and really like it so far. Although tbh I haven’t used anything else. I would have gone final rise but wanted to be different~

I used a kifaru 14’r with spotting scope pockets attached to each side. I would put the birds in the spotting scope pockets. I loved it for chukar and longer hunts. I sold it and am going to use the 357 mag next year. I like the backpack style cause they are way more comfortable for me on long steep hunts. CD404486-ABDD-4398-B408-9FC803E17394.jpeg