Let's see some Boyd's stocks!

270quest

WKR
These two rifles are my 13 year old daughters (Blue - 6 creedmoor) and my wifes (purple - 243)

I ordered these as unfinished then bedded and put a tru oil gloss finish on them.

They both have their names engraved on the barrel. My wifes rifle now wears a 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest. Both rifle are very accurate and aesthetically "pretty enough" for both of them.

SloppyJ

WKR
Roger that and thank you. I emailed them after the Rokstok came out asking if they had plans to introduce anything similar to this, Gunwerks, or alterra. They said they had no plans and the most comparable model is their pro varmint. They recommended getting it with the adjustable cheek piece as well.
I can't say that I've felt the need for the cheek piece and it would add some extra weight. It wouldn't hurt if you're concerned about it.

ChrisAU

WKR
Before I built any of my more expensive rifles, I practiced on a Savage. This started life as a 6.5cm with a sporter barrel. It was cheaper for me to buy a new 20" take off .308 barrel that was threaded. I replaced the stock for the boyds and bedded the action. The stock took quite a bit of fitting to get right but it shoots some nice groups now.

View attachment 762127

View attachment 762125

Did you find that scope to adjust...oddly in that configuration? Ha just poking fun.

SloppyJ

WKR
Did you find that scope to adjust...oddly in that configuration? Ha just poking fun.
I took that pic when I had just got all of the parts together. The action isn't even bolted in. I actually took that as a joke for my buddy who sent me one with his bipod on backwards. I forgot I did that and just saw the rifle when I was scrolling through the gallery on my phone for a pic to share. Good eye!

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Don't have a pic right now but just received an At One this week for a Ruger M77 Hawkeye for my boy. I'm quite impressed. I need to take a little wisp of wood off of the bolt recess cut out...it hits the corner just a touch but can still close it. I may also have to open up the barrel channel a bit...TBD. Ruger says the front action screw should be torqued to 95 in-lbs. When I do that, the barrel isn't free floated. I asked Boyds and they said 25-35 in-lbs is plenty. It's floated in that ball park. Not sure which to use. I guess run the lower torque and see how it shoots and go from there.

Overall, I'm quite happy for the price. Ergonomics felt great to me, stock adjustments weren't sloppy, nice finish. I'm not crazy about the plastic grip and fore end cover thing...I'd much prefer it was just wood. But overall I'd buy one again.