Leica PRS Riflescope Review, By Travis Bertrand

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This winter, Travis has been testing out something completely new from Leica—a first focal plane riflescope with a large adjustment range designed for long-range shooting. Check out his review to see how the scope performed for him.

alt-2.jpeg

Leica PRS 5-30x56i Riflescope Review

teesquare

FNG
Travis - you mentioned that you compared it to some other scopes as for it's resolving power. Can you tell us which ones? And - how about the lowest off low light performance? (30 min. before sunrise...30 min. after sunset..)
I remember the Optics Trade EU did a low light test on scopes a couple of years ago and the Leica Magnus was just a hair behind a Blaser scope.
And they did not include tactical oriented scopes or brands such as TT, ZCO, or March. So - please tell me what you found when comparing this with the low-light capable scopes.
Thanks
T

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travis - you mentioned that you compared it to some other scopes as for it's resolving power. Can you tell us which ones? And - how about the lowest off low light performance? (30 min. before sunrise...30 min. after sunset..)
I remember the Optics Trade EU did a low light test on scopes a couple of years ago and the Leica Magnus was just a hair behind a Blaser scope.
And they did not include tactical oriented scopes or brands such as TT, ZCO, or March. So - please tell me what you found when comparing this with the low-light capable scopes.
Thanks
T
Sorry for the late reply, next time tag me in the post.

I compared it to a vortex razor LHT, maven rs.3.2, and a Maven Rs4.

I also want to compare this scope to my Kahles 5-25 DLR, Mark 5, and Burris XTR3.

7wssm

FNG
Sorry for the late reply, next time tag me in the post.

I compared it to a vortex razor LHT, maven rs.3.2, and a Maven Rs4.

I also want to compare this scope to my Kahles 5-25 DLR, Mark 5, and Burris XTR3.

Have you by any chance compared this scope to the Mark5? I have a Mark5 and have been contemplating on getting the Leica for a new rifle build.