Leica Geovid Pro

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey all! I just got my hands on the new Geovid pro for a week. We're gonna do a first look video now and then a more in depth review down the road as I can't fully test them without access to the new app. If you have any questions, let me know! - Matt

IMG_1936.JPG IMG_1933.jpg

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I will say, as a 3200.com owner, my main concern was really just the smaller objective. I figured it would be dimmer, particularly in fading light. But so far it has been really great. I took them out last night and the difference at sunset was honeslty not much. Not enough for me to care about anyway. And I am loving the smaller size. They go into my FHF Medium harness soooooo much easier... - Matt

ZackP

WKR
Besides low light, I’m always interested in the range finder capabilities in different terrains and weather conditions. If you’re able to get some ranges (I know, we can’t control the weather) in different situations, I would love to hear the results.

I’m assuming it’s the same glass as the 3200.com?

OutdoorAg

WKR
@Schnee's Awesome! Can't wait to hear more.

Can you tell us how the 10x looks through the 32s as compared to the 10x from the bigger 42s? Ease of viewing, eye placement, etc.

I'm pretty confident last light usefulness will be there, but of course thats what most will want to know.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What’s the clamp on the barrel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aziak Gear adapter. has a small section of ARCA on the bottom. It's super light, low profile, made in the USA and really easy to use. If you own Leicas, you need one of them.. My go-to setup is 3200.com, Vortex Summit II carbon, Aziak ring and it's money. - Matt

Check Them Out Here

bino.jpg

In this pic, i had the ring flipped, which put that screw on the outside of the body. it is now turned and on the inside. So it is very low profile and doesn't hang up on bino harnesses

Last edited:
OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Besides low light, I’m always interested in the range finder capabilities in different terrains and weather conditions. If you’re able to get some ranges (I know, we can’t control the weather) in different situations, I would love to hear the results.

I’m assuming it’s the same glass as the 3200.com?

Glass seems to be the exact same, just smaller. As for ranging, my 3200 will hit 3100 all day long unless it is really foggy/rainy, etc.. The Pro's are rated at 2500 yards and so far have delivered. This testing has all been in dim/cloudy light and bright, harsh daylight. Solid performer so far. I will say though, these demo units top out at a max brightness of "5" on their settings, but it is not as bright as my 3200's. There isn't an auto setting either. Only knock so far, but again I do not have access to the new app, and there are updates coming to the hardware.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Schnee's Awesome! Can't wait to hear more.

Can you tell us how the 10x looks through the 32s as compared to the 10x from the bigger 42s? Ease of viewing, eye placement, etc.

I'm pretty confident last light usefulness will be there, but of course thats what most will want to know.

they seem very similar honestly. The 32's seem "smaller" inside, from the smaller objectives. A bit of tunnel vision if you will. But are really quite nice to look though, just like the 3200's

OutdoorAg

WKR
they seem very similar honestly. The 32's seem "smaller" inside, from the smaller objectives. A bit of tunnel vision if you will. But are really quite nice to look though, just like the 3200's
Thanks. Interested to see the tunneling and how that views/feels in person.

Currently using SLC 10x42s and the view feels so large and immersive. Wanting the same out of these Pros....

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks. Interested to see the tunneling and how that views/feels in person.

Currently using SLC 10x42s and the view feels so large and immersive. Wanting the same out of these Pros....

I will be taking some shots through them as best as I can, hence the tripod mounts. Will report back afterwards

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
nothing yet, at least nothing better than what can be found online already. Shooting pics though them, they look exactly the same as the 42's. Even the FOV at 1,000 is similar. 345ft vs 342ft. just shot a quick video with them today and hoping to have it up today or tomorrow. We don't have access to the new app, so we're very limited on what we can do with it as well. - matt

How does the focus knob feel? The samples at the Hunt Expo had a lot of backlash but I'm assuming it's just due to them being pre-production units.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How does the focus knob feel? The samples at the Hunt Expo had a lot of backlash but I'm assuming it's just due to them being pre-production units.
Using it side by side with the 3200, feels the exact same. No play or slop. It's firm, but smooth and easy to rotate. It wouldn't shock me if many components like this are the same internally as the 3200's.

.577NE

FNG
I sure wished to eye piece diameter on these were smaller. I had the HD-B's, and sold them because of the saucer sized eye cups.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well the "first look" video is up. It's nowhere near as in-depth as I would have liked, but time was very limited with this demo unit. We will be getting a pair next month, along with the app and I will be doing a much more in-depth review. - Matt

zr600

FNG
Wow I’m still really thinking about the 3200. I was in your store on Monday, came from Nd for skiing in Bigsky. We stopped at Bobwards and Toby I think his name was, the Leica rep, he had the geovid pros with him, let me play with them in the store, and the noctivids also. Now in the store I couldn’t see a lot of difference between the two I know the artificial lite makes almost anything look good. I’m just really wondering with spending 2800 or so if I will be disappointed with the weaker range finder and the 32 objective in low light. I coyote hunt a lot and that’s why I like the range finding binos, spot the game and get a range instantly, and now also get your dope right in the bino. I currently have cheap binos and a don’t really use them, just use my Leica 2400r as a mono because it gives as good or better performance then cheap binos.