Leica Geovid Pro vs Swaro EL Range TA

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
As I understand it, it talks to your cell phone via bluetooth which is only good if your cell phone is a place that it has service or what I referred to as ”signal” :)
Bluetooth will work regardless of cell service, BUT your phone’s GPS/mapping app may not work properly without it. I’ve had success with it being accurate without service, but slow to load and correct itself.

Thanks Keener….that’s a better way to say it. My point was that there is some dependency on your phone having service which certainly impacts the accuracy/ability of your GPS.

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
They are available now, mine are in my possession now. Haven't had time to play with them yet
Do they allow you to load more than one rifle profile at a time on the Pro 10x42’s. I can’t find a single review regarding this. I’d appreciate any feedback you have. I’m contemplating buying a pair myself. Thank you for your time, sir.

As Parshal said you can only load 1 profile to the unit at a time. But you can have as many as you want saved to your profile on the app, then connect with Bluetooth and change the loaded profile. For the range it may be an extra step, but on a hunt you would have the rifle you are using loaded, so I don’t see it as a detrimental issue.

Hi.

I just got my Geovid Pro 10x42 and I want to have them paired to my Kestrel 5700 Elite (which I did flawlessly) my question is, the Leica have three option on “mode” which are EHR, BAL and LOS, while having it paired with kestrel which mode should I use?

Thank you

Hi.

I just got my Geovid Pro 10x42 and I want to have them paired to my Kestrel 5700 Elite (which I did flawlessly) my question is, the Leica have three option on “mode” which are EHR, BAL and LOS, while having it paired with kestrel which mode should I use?

Thank you
If you have a ballistic profile loaded and want it to give you the adjustments for your selected round it will need to be in BAL ( ballistic) there it will give you a range then your scope adjustments based on MOA or MIL and the settings you saved for the selected round.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Hi.

Thank you
I am interested in buying a Geovid Pro for PRS and hunting. Is there any delay between the kestrel and binocular when ranging targets? My Leica 2800 is a turd when paired with my Kestrel 5700.

I am interested in buying a Geovid Pro for PRS and hunting. Is there any delay between the kestrel and binocular when ranging targets? My Leica 2800 is a turd when paired with my Kestrel 5700.
There is but really unnoticeable, very slight delay

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
There is but really unnoticeable, very slight delay
Thanks for the reply. I was set on buying a Swarovski El Range but the fact that it cannot link to a Kestrel was a big deciding factor for me.

Thanks for the reply. I was set on buying a Swarovski El Range but the fact that it cannot link to a Kestrel was a big deciding factor for me.
That’s the exact same reason why I didn’t get the Swarovski, the fact that you can link to the kestrel was my deciding factor also. I would also recommend the Garmin Tactix 7 Pro Ballistic, amazing add on