Leica 2400r rangefinder question .

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
So I've found the Leica 2400r for sale here in Canada and have a quick question before I pull the trigger . I've read that when it ranges it first gives LOS reading then the angled comp . But , that there is a work around so it goes straight to angled comp . Is this true ??

cheers

golfbum

WKR
Not that i could ever figure out. Great rangefinder that has awful software for a bowhunter.

eamyrick

WKR
I have the 1600r. It’s gives 2 ranges with the second being angle comp. To get this feature on the 1600 you have to pick a ballistic profile. I had a bunch of questions and finally got a rep on the phone. To have the rangefinder accurately utilize temp/pressure you have to put 59 degrees and zero elevation into your ballistic app and then utilize the second angle compensated distance given. I hope that makes sense. The manual sucks but that’s how I’m using it now.

golfbum

WKR
The 2400r will give you the correct cut yardage but its a full second after the los yardage. It also does not give correct cut yardage while scanning.

Scottf270

WKR
My 1200 model gives the second reading in less than 2 seconds. Honestly, unless your shooting extreme up or down angles, it's not a big difference for bow hunting.