Leica 1200 CRF obsolete?

Hey all, new to the forum so forgive my ignorance.

I just came across a deal on a used Leica 1200 CRF rangefinder for $150. Definitely seems like a great deal but as far as I know it doesn’t have the angle compensation feature. Is this still a useful purchase or should I pass it up? I’m a southeast rifle hunter but my goals are to make it out west and maybe use a bow in the future.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It is a solid, good reliable unit and at $150.00 if you do not think it is good enough to serve your needs you can always resell it and not take a loss. Go for it

Muleyslayer14

Lil-Rokslider
from my understanding it doesn’t do angle compensation under 100 yards, but does after that. (I might be wrong). It’s a very nice unit apart from that, fast readings, easy to use, ranges very far.

Pretty sure mine is a 1200 crf.
Obsolete I wouldn't say that it is a solid reliable unit that has served me well for years.
But all it does is line of sight.
Weather you need angle comp or not is up to you. But I doesn't have it.

Mt Al

WKR
Excellent price and congrats! My 1200 isn't obsolete for me. I don't do way long shots that require angle/drop/earth rotation, etc.....yet. For those who do use all that, they'd probably be better served with something that gives that data.

Mine's been rock solid for many years, ranges past 1200 (not that it matters for me), small, long battery life, etc..

I have a crf 900 that has to be near 10 years old. It has been great.

I recently bought the crf2400r. The newer one does angle compensation from 10- 1100 yards I think. It also does yard to to the tenth of yard to 200. For bowhunting from trees it is a no brainer.

I'm keeping the crf 900 as a backup in the truck in case I do something stupid with the new one.

Bam

FNG
You did good.. probably better than most other units in the $150 range