Legit Hog hunt needed, south Texas

OP
J

JRMiller

WKR
I’m checking out on this thread out of disgust.

For the men that provided earnest productive tips, i truly appreciate.
For the others that enjoy kicking someone when theyre down, someone in thier own community, we’ll , all i can say is how truly disappointed i am in the direction this forum has gone.

If you get on Texas Bowhunter guys will give you hogs. Happens regularly. One guy was giving away a quartered deer today.

Been in your shoes after I moved to FL from TX and was starting a business from scratch. Couldn’t afford to keep spending money on gas to hunt and come back empty handed. Go make it happen.

robtattoo

WKR

For the others that enjoy kicking someone when theyre down, someone in thier own community, we’ll , all i can say is how truly disappointed i am in the direction this forum has gone.
Sorry I bashed you man. I was just going from what I read & incorrectly assumed. I'm sorry for that.

I was dead serious about the livestock sales though. Lots of hogs run through sales as 'finished' that don't make weight grade & most farmers would rather sell for what they can get rather than deal with mixing in an older pig with their next batch or young growers. Round here a buck per pound will normally cut it. You'll either need a stock trailer or a friend with one, somewhere to shoot & bleed it, a hoist or tractor to pick it up & lots of ice on hand! A regular old .22 for a frontal brain shot, then get straight in with a knife to bleed it immediately. Bearded Butcher have an excellent tutorial on YouTube on correctly butchering (ain't the same as doing deer...)

schmalzy

WKR
Thanks, but no idea where those are.
If theres some publicly advertised i’d appreciate a link or so form of info.
Otherwise im assuming these are “my brothers friends sister in laws dad place borrowed from the neighbor”

A few National Forests within a few hours of you. TPWD website has a pretty good amount of information on it. Use topographic maps that you can find online to confirm borders etc. onX is preferred but costs $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxxAgg

WKR
Check out texasbowhunter.com

Plenty of backassward knuckleheads over there but they mean well and want to help their own.

They can help with hog meat, deer meat, and job opportunities.

TSAMP

WKR

I think people incorrectly assume hogs aren't sought after. I know guys who guard hog spots like some do elk. The rancher who just wants them all gone is an urban legend as far as I'm concerned. The job thing is a touchy subject right now as well, don't take it personal. If you have a resume I'd be happy to look it over. I have a hard time "selling" myself and feedback from others was helpful for me on my own resume. Believe it or not that resume is crucial and will result in more call backs.

Okhotnik

WKR
Easy to say when you can have a job.
And you think a new hire at Mickeys makes $15?
And you think a shift manager pays enough to tale care of a family?
Lol...
I didn't want you to starve to death. Your situation seemed very dire. How much you pay a month for internet service/cell phone for you and your family and to post on here?

Ive lived and worked in third world countries for a good deal of my career and your family starving to death situation sounds very super serious.

You can buy turkeys tomorrow at great sale prices to avoid starving to death lol