Left Handed 12” LOP stock for Tikka

ryndxt

FNG
Working a left handed rifle for my 8 year old.

My current thought is to buy a left handed tikka t3x and put in a shorter LOP stock.

I’ve found a McMillan but looking for opinions on other options if they exist. Not opposed to custom if that’s an option.

Appreciate the assistance.

JLM

FNG
I think it's possible to cut the factory stock down. I'll be doing the same for my oldest son. Once he grows taller then I can swap for a nice aftermarket stock.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Yes just cut with a miter saw then glue on whatever you want for a recoil pad and grind down. I did exactly that for my daughter and use free shoe lift material from the local cobbler to make the recoil pad. You could also use a flip flop. I use weldwood contact cement to attach itIMG_8593.jpeg

JLM

FNG
Yes just cut with a miter saw then glue on whatever you want for a recoil pad and grind down. I did exactly that for my daughter and use free shoe lift material from the local cobbler to make the recoil pad. You could also use a flip flop. I use weldwood contact cement to attach itView attachment 751229
Is the stock hollow? That was my main worry, whether there was plenty of material to glue to.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can use our Element chassis with the TR-2 buttstock and it will go all the way down to a 12" LOP range even with the folding adapter and short buffer tube! Plus it will fit em once they grow too because you can change the length of pull from 12-15 inches with our contoured buffer tube or folding adapter and short buffer tube.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
It is hollow but doesn’t seem to cause any problems. I have done it to multiple tikka stocks without an issue. It’s essentially a free way to shorten a stock for a kid until they grow into something permanent. Once they are done growing and still show interest, spend away!

Reactions: JLM
OP
R

ryndxt

FNG
It is hollow but doesn’t seem to cause any problems. I have done it to multiple tikka stocks without an issue. It’s essentially a free way to shorten a stock for a kid until they grow into something permanent. Once they are done growing and still show interest, spend away!
Just cut some plywood or other to attach a recoil pad to?

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
It’s 11 3/4 length of pull.

The only reason I would add plywood is to put a screw on pad instead of a glue on. None of mine have shown the slightest hint of coming loose from the stock. I do rough up the plastic just a little bit to increase bondingIMG_8707.jpeg