Left hand Tikka Stock Options

The HNT26 in that photo (plus several others I have) was manufactured as a right hand stock. I bought it new in RH configuration, had the bolt handle cut out and relief for the trigger safety milled in to suit a left hand action, then its pretty much drop in the barrelled action and run it.
Awesome. Thank you! that’s what I was wondering, I had asked a MDT employee awhile back and they recommended not modifying the HNT26. But it sounds like you’ve had good success with it. Does the folding stock fold and lock all the way or is the bolt in the way?

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Thank you! that’s what I was wondering, I had asked a MDT employee awhile back and they recommended not modifying the HNT26. But it sounds like you’ve had good success with it. Does the folding stock fold and lock all the way or is the bolt in the way?

Yeah, I never asked them, but I guess they have to assume everyone is an idiot and so they say dont do any modifications. But you are only removing very minimal material out of the stock, so not affecting the structure.

I didnt get the folder as they are not legal in all states of Australia. Mine is the fixed stock with the integral ARCA rail. You may have an issue with the bolt on a lefty interfering with the folding stock?

This is a photo of my ARC Mausingfield long action 300 Norma. Same deal as the other photo, just a RH converted to LH.

unnamed-1.jpg

tbj53

FNG
Yeah, I never asked them, but I guess they have to assume everyone is an idiot and so they say dont do any modifications. But you are only removing very minimal material out of the stock, so not affecting the structure.

I didnt get the folder as they are not legal in all states of Australia. Mine is the fixed stock with the integral ARCA rail. You may have an issue with the bolt on a lefty interfering with the folding stock?

This is a photo of my ARC Mausingfield long action 300 Norma. Same deal as the other photo, just a RH converted to LH.

unnamed-1.jpg
Did you modify that bolt cutout and safety room on the chassis yourself or did you have to go through a gunsmith? I'm looking to do the same for my Tikka T3x LA lefty, but with the Oryx if possible.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Did you modify that bolt cutout and safety room on the chassis yourself or did you have to go through a gunsmith? I'm looking to do the same for my Tikka T3x LA lefty, but with the Oryx if possible.
I had a gunsmith do it. You COULD do it yourself with just a file, but I wanted it to look as good as possible, so had it done by someone who can drive a mill.

tbj53

FNG
I had a gunsmith do it. You COULD do it yourself with just a file, but I wanted it to look as good as possible, so had it done by someone who can drive a mill.
That is probably the smart way to go. Looking at it, at least with the Oryx chassis, the only thing that would have to be cut is the bolt cutout. I don't think the safety will have any issues and shouldn't need any cutting with the Oryx.

That HNT26 is sweet, but a little out of my price range.