Left hand Tikka Stock Options

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for aftermarket stock suggestions from my fellow southpaw tikka shooters. I know not all manufacturers make a left handed option.

TIA

Off the top of my head, Stockys, German Gun Stock, a modified KRG, and XLR. MDT may, but I can’t remember.

I used a KRG bravo for a bit, liked it, but didn’t love it. Put it back in the factory stock for now, which with a new butt pad, vertical grip module, and suppressor is quite good.

Though, I will be going with my original plan of an XLR in the future when funds allow and their wait times come down a bit.

WKR
Had this McMillan on a Tikka 22-250. Shoots half inch groups with no bedding. Son wanted to give a game scout a try and McMillan says it is shipping shortly. If interested this one is a painted Edge fill.

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I run a MPI and a Wildcat composite on my tikka t3’s. Both required final fit and finishing (the MPI requires a bunch!) so not sure if that’s ab option for you or not. Both come in around 19 ounces finished. The wildcat isn’t importable so you will have to know someone in Canada and work around that situation, it is a phenomenal stock though and well worth it.

The Stockys is probably the best option I have seen from the states for the money. Plus you can get either a sporter stock or more vertical grip style stock if that’s what you prefer.

I have had some Stockys stocks for other rifles and they are very impressive for the coin.

OP
Justin_Tree

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
Had this McMillan on a Tikka 22-250. Shoots half inch groups with no bedding. Son wanted to give a game scout a try and McMillan says it is shipping shortly. If interested this one is a painted Edge fill.
Im not quite ready to dive in just yet but How much are you wanting to get rid of it for? Feel free to PM me.

hogcarpy

FNG
I'd recommend the Mesa Precision too. I visited their shop earlier this year in Grand Junction. I looked through everything they have and looks great.

OP
Justin_Tree

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone for all the great feedback. There are options than I realized!

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
One other option that I have done a few times if there are limited LH options is to buy a chassis in right hand, then modify the bolt handle cut-out and relieving for the safety, and drop the barrelled action into that. I have 3 left hand Remington clone action rifles that are in MDT HNT 26 chassis and I really like that setup. I have done the same with other chassis using Tikka T3s too. It looks slightly Bubbered, but has worked well for me.

IMG-2330.jpg

Wrongside

WKR
I like the Wildcat on my LH T3x SL 6.5CM enough that I just ordered another for a 7PRC project.

Pretty sure Stuart is shipping to the US again.

Mr.Wizard

FNG
Off the top of my head, Stockys, German Gun Stock, a modified KRG, and XLR. MDT may, but I can’t remember.

I used a KRG bravo for a bit, liked it, but didn’t love it. Put it back in the factory stock for now, which with a new butt pad, vertical grip module, and suppressor is quite good.

Though, I will be going with my original plan of an XLR in the future when funds allow and their wait times come down a bit.
GGS was my first thought too. Haven’t held one, but dang if they don’t look pretty in pics. CTR BM is nice too.

One other option that I have done a few times if there are limited LH options is to buy a chassis in right hand, then modify the bolt handle cut-out and relieving for the safety, and drop the barrelled action into that. I have 3 left hand Remington clone action rifles that are in MDT HNT 26 chassis and I really like that setup. I have done the same with other chassis using Tikka T3s too. It looks slightly Bubbered, but has worked well for me.

IMG-2330.jpg
Did you modify a HNT26 chassis from right hand to left hand or were you talking about other chassis?

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
Did you modify a HNT26 chassis from right hand to left hand or were you talking about other chassis?
The HNT26 in that photo (plus several others I have) was manufactured as a right hand stock. I bought it new in RH configuration, had the bolt handle cut out and relief for the trigger safety milled in to suit a left hand action, then its pretty much drop in the barrelled action and run it.