Leather lined boots list

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
Let’s compile some leather lined boots. If you own/owned them include your thoughts on them. I can’t even remember which ones I had but I loved them and currently have leather interior Danner chukkas for everyday use.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I loved the Raichle Montagnas - went through two pairs. I have a pair of Hanwag Lhasas. They are nice boots but they hurt the tops of my feet if I do much side hilling. I have a pair of Alico Summits. They are well-constructed but I haven’t worn them much. I am tempted to try a pair of LL Lowa Tibets since I really like the regular Tibets.

jjjones7

FNG
I’ve worn the lowa Tibet LL for the past 2 seasons. Getting fantastic mileage out of them. Super comfortable rocks perfectly with my gait. Stiff enough to pack whatever you can. They’re not a lightweight boot but for where and how I hunt they fit the bill perfectly.
They replaced a pair of La Sportiva Pamiers that were discontinued but also a nice LL boot

fishslap

WKR

Zamberlan 972 GUIDE MAX GTX is leather lined. I currently use scarpa kinesis pro (not leather lined) and was thinking about trying the Zamberlans so any feedback would be appreciated.​

jjjones7

FNG
The guide max while leather lined is still a Gor-Tex boot. The purpose for my wearing a LL boot is to get away from Gor-Tex or everyone’s knock off of the same the type of liner

Macintosh

WKR
@Blowdowner I try to avoid carrying weight these days, but years ago I worked on a trail crew and at a remote hut, and routinely carried a lot of weight in them (100lb+ of tools or food on a pack frame). Any issue with weight wont be the boots fault.

I always wondered about Alico Boots.
STP used to carry them on a regular basis.
Love the idea of leather lined and not gor-tex.

brian_

FNG
Lowa Baffin Pro. I've used them for wildland firefighting and hunting with no issues.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The guide max while leather lined is still a Gor-Tex boot. The purpose for my wearing a LL boot is to get away from Gor-Tex or everyone’s knock off of the same the type of liner
Zamberlan made a non goretex leather lined boot a couple years ago, but discontinued it. May still be able to find them online

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
@Blowdowner I try to avoid carrying weight these days, but years ago I worked on a trail crew and at a remote hut, and routinely carried a lot of weight in them (100lb+ of tools or food on a pack frame). Any issue with weight wont be the boots fault.
Cool. Which one of theirs should I consider?

The ones I have worn:

Hanwag Yukon - built like Lowa Tibet, more comfortable to me than the Tibet, narrow fit
Hanwag Nazcat - like a shorter version of the Yukon
Lowa Trekker - very comfortable, heavy
Meindl Desert Fox - great for hot dry environments

When you say "leather lined boot" and then say you have a pair of every day chukkas are you more speaking towards a casual everyday, non hiking boot.. Almost like a business shoe thats not so shiny?

I have and like the Lowa Baffin pro.

@Blowdowner why are you looking to not have gore-tex or similar?

The leather lined are great for mild/dry weather but it doesn't take a lot of moisture to have wet feet and the boots seem to take longer to dry.

I have and like the Lowa Baffin pro.

@Blowdowner why are you looking to not have gore-tex or similar?

They're great for mild/dry weather but it doesn't take a lot of moisture to have wet feet and the boots seem to take longer to dry.
For me my feet sweat sooooooo much it doesn't matter the brand of boot, style etc etc.
My feet are always wet. Always.
I want breathability and quicker drying. Cause my feet will be wet after about 3 hrs no matter the boots or conditions.

OP
B

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
When you say "leather lined boot" and then say you have a pair of every day chukkas are you more speaking towards a casual everyday, non hiking boot.. Almost like a business shoe thats not so shiny?
No I’m saying the chukkas for whatever reason I can wear for 12 hours and feel fine so I want to try leather on both sides for hunting boots.

GregB

WKR
Another vote for hanwag yukon, like someone else mentioned a narrower fit. I would say true to size and they don’t take too long to break in and they breath great. For my all leathers I put seam sealer on the stitch lines treat with obenaufs, feet stay as dry as with gortex boots.