Lathrop and Sons Mountain Hunter Fit?

How is the fit on the Lathrop and Sons Mountain Hunter? I might pick up a used pair, and was wondering if anyone had some comparisons as far as the general fit. I have a slightly wide forefoot and typically wear normal width in Lowa and Crispi, and a wide in Scarpa and Zamberlan. Any tried on similar boots and able to tell me how the L&S compare for fit?

yfarm

WKR
I wear a 9.5, the Lowa Tibet in regular width and wide caused my 5th toes to go numb. Lathrop Mountain hunter in 9.5w is roomy allowing complete movement of my toes, son has the same boot in 10D and it fits me well. Wear 9.5 Asics and OC running shoes, Salomon Quest 4D 9.5 fits perfect, Aku Selvetica in 9.5 regular is ok almost tight.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Agree with yfarm above. The Lathrop Wide is generously wide. I always need a wide in boots and shoes; Crispi, Lowa, Solomon, Kennetrek, Asolo, Brooks, Hoka, etc. Owned the Mountain Hunter in wide and wondered if I might have gotten away with the their regular width it was so roomy. Great boots just a bit heavy for me though.

Edit, I forgot, I also had some heel slip that was new to me. No blisters or hot spots but was noticeable. Possibly could have reconfigured the lacing and solved it but never tried.

Last edited:

guitarpreston

Lil-Rokslider
Call and talk to them. I had a conversation with James a while back and he was very nice and helpful even though I was considering a pair of l&s boots listed on here not new. If you can get your brannock device measurements it won’t hurt either. Turned out they were too small and wouldn’t work for me.