Lathrop and Sons Encompass Boot Review **Updated 2/7/22**

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you did the custom build, and they went ahead and sent you the boots minus the custom footbeds? I'm still waiting on an email or call from my inquiry 5 days ago about the Encompass. Not getting a great first impression on the customer service end but I'm interested in hearing how it all comes together for you and what you think of them after getting some miles on them, please update this when you can! Thanks for doing the review/

The custom footbeds are on back order due to materials being hard to get, that is why I don't have them yet. Initial impressions are good even with the regular insoles. I haven't walked much, only 14-20 miles but so far so good. I'll keep you updated.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
The custom footbeds are on back order due to materials being hard to get, that is why I don't have them yet. Initial impressions are good even with the regular insoles. I haven't walked much, only 14-20 miles but so far so good. I'll keep you updated.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll wait until the footbeds are not back ordered before I pull the trigger.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you did the custom build, and they went ahead and sent you the boots minus the custom footbeds? I'm still waiting on an email or call from my inquiry 5 days ago about the Encompass. Not getting a great first impression on the customer service end but I'm interested in hearing how it all comes together for you and what you think of them after getting some miles on them, please update this when you can! Thanks for doing the review!
They are currently back ordered on supplies to build the custom insoles. Due to my busy season and me needing boots ASAP Stephen had them sent out so that I could start wearing them immediately. This puts me in a unique situation as I will be able to compare and contrast the normal insoles with the custom ones which I think will make for an awesome review! So far I have about 35 days in the field with them on, and I really like them. Something I noticed right out of the box is they aren't as heavy as I expected and PU Rocker CAM Midsole felt a little different but I do like it a lot and can feel the difference. The waterproof has been great so far and kept my feet dry in all the different conditions I've been in.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
They look great. I've got the kenetrek mountain extreme 400 how well do you think they compare to these boots? thanks
I don't have experience with those specific boots. How stiff is the shank and how tall are they?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Zach, did these boots cradle your heels better than you have been used to in past boots? And how wpuld you describe the toebox on this boot? I have really enjoyed the bigger toebox on the meindls i wear now but i do run into some heel slip no matter what lacing technique i have tried. To get a boot that is tight enough on the heel i find the toebox is cramped badly.

Thanks for the input!

Nolan1332

FNG
I got these boots in a couple weeks ago and they felt amazing in the house. Did some hikes in them and after about 2 miles it felt like I had a rock under my big toe. By the end of the hike I could barely walk. I’m going to talk with Stephen to see what suggestions he may have.

Great review! I just may have to get a pair of Lathrop and Sons boots and see how my foot does in them. I suffer from planter fasciitis in my left foot. It used to be both, but with acupuncture, stretching, and sheep feet my right foot has healed. Left foot has gotten a lot better as well. I will give L&S a call when I get state side. Also I should note I’ve lost 40lbs as well and I believe that also has contributed to my feet feeling better